Madeleine Peyroux - Half the Perfect World

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin

Reaction score
Artist: Madeleine Peyroux
Title: Half the Perfect World
Year of Release: September 12, 2006 (new release)
Record Label: Rounder / Umgd
Genre: Jazz

Madeleine Peyroux was originally recommended to me by WardsWeb through his review of “Careless Love”, which is a wonderful CD. Currently, I own everything that’s out there by Madeleine Peyroux’s. I just love her voice, style and her back-up band.

This new effort Half the Perfect World, by Miss Peyroux takes her music to another level an inspirational marvelous Jazz CD. I simply love it.

1). I’m All right ~ Bouncy, Funny and excellent organ accompaniment. :D
2). The Summer Wind ~ Lovely, Heartfelt and sublime.
3). Blue Alert ~ Wonderfully sung and her back-up band is beautiful in this song.
4). Everybody’s Talkin’ ~ From ‘Midnight Cowboy’. An excellent cover. I loved it much ore than the original.
5). River (duet featuring k.d. lang) ~ Amazingly beautiful voices. I’ve always loved k.d. lang but she shines even brighter with Madeleine Peyroux voice. Just stunning. :D
6). A Little Bit – Mellow and Sweet.
7). Once in a While – Soft and Cool
8). (Looking for) The Heart of Saturday Night ~ Covered sweetly by Miss Peyroux
9). Half the Perfect World ~ Title song and fully rich is soft and smooth Jazz – in the great ‘Billy Holiday’ style, which Madeleine Peyroux’s voice most reminds me of…
10). La Javanaise ~ Madeleine Peyroux always has one French song she sings on every CD she comes out with. It’s kinda her signature. She sings better than anyone in France. This particular song is my favorite on this CD. Madeleine’s voice is so sweet and lilting OMG it is just dazzling and breath taking all at once. :D
11). California Rain ~ This CD was recorded at Marketplace studio’s in LA. This song is gorgeous like silky jazz should be.
12). Smile ~ My favorite cover song she has ever done, IMHO. Beautiful… Just Beautiful…

If you have never heard of Madeleine Peyroux and still don’t have any of her CD’s, you simply must go right now, run out and purchase this one right away. IMHO I think it is her best CD yet. Madeleine is my current favorite female singer what a voice. I have listened to this CD non-stop ten times in-a-row and I love her voice as well as her band - every note played… Madeleine Peyroux and band are extremely easy on the ears.

You can’t ask for a higher recommendation than this… ‘Half the Perfect World’ is just that - Perfect! :D

Attachments

• Madeleine Peyroux.jpg
    Madeleine Peyroux.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 659
Last edited by a moderator:
Robin said:
Artist / Title: Madeleine Peyroux / Half the Perfect World
Year of Release: September 12, 2006 (new release)
Record Label: Rounder / Umgd
Genre: Jazz

you simply must go right now, run out and purchase this one right away. IMHO I think it is her best CD yet. .

Robin, I love it when you give orders !!!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

I will give it a listen @ Barnes & Noble this week !!

Robin, I liked it alot, and my wife even moreso !!

Madeleine Peyroux

Dave,

Hey, I'm glad to hear you and your wife enjoyed this awesome CD. :D I just bought Madeleine Peyroux's - "Dreamland". It's beautiful blues..., Madeleine sounds so wonderful. Her voice is so smooth and extremely easy on the ears... :D I plan to write a review on this someday soon... ;)

Attachments

• Medeleine Peyroux.jpg
    Medeleine Peyroux.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 647
I am Sooo Excited!!!

Dave, Tim and everyone,

I just ordered tickets to see Madeleine Peyroux at my smallish local auditorium. I even paid extra for front section seats for my sister and I to see and hear our favorite singer better. :D I can hardly wait to see / hear her live, up-close and personal. WE OUR SOOOO JAZZED!!! Yah! :D :D :D

Attachments

• Madeleine Peyroux.jpg
    Madeleine Peyroux.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 583
Nice recommendation, thanks Robin!

The fifth cut, River, is a tune that I just wished went on forever. The audio qualities of the disc are understated (like the singer's style) but quite good - the images are solid and hefty, for example.

Do tell us about the concert!

Dave, Tim and everyone,

I just ordered tickets to see Madeleine Peyroux at my smallish local auditorium. I even paid extra for front section seats for my sister and I to see and hear our favorite singer better. :D I can hardly wait to see / hear her live, up-close and personal. WE OUR SOOOO JAZZED!!! Yah! :D :D :D

What does she sing? Never seen or heard of her before...

Madeleine Peyroux...

jfm,

Yes, I certainly will post a review of her concert on 2/16/2007. I can hardly wait to see / hear her. I am sooooo happy I am going to see one of my absolute favorite jazz singers. :D I wish all her songs went on forever... I love the - River tune as well. :cheers:

James,

Yes she sings jazz mostly. She is so smooth. What a voice. What style... Her voice really does remind me of Billy Holiday. Her singing abilities are phenomenal. I can't believe I am actually going to see her perform in person... :p I have to keep pinching myself to really believe it's true. :D

Attachments

• My Friend Laughing.jpg
    My Friend Laughing.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 490
Love it

Robin,

Picked this up on your recomendation. I just love it. It gets played regularly.

Thanks
Burke

In the same predicament

Robin-

Thankyou for the excellent review of the lovely Madeleine.... I have been listening to her other album - Careless Love, and I think I have fallen in love with her beautiful soft and sensual voice as well! I am on the lookout for all of her other albums as well. :D

Its always nice to see *cough* HEAR an artist that clearly has respect for artists and music of the past.... too many of the newer artists don't use traditional techniques in the creation of their music....Madeleine of course is all natural............ :p

Madeleine Peyroux Concert Review...

Robin-

Thankyou for the excellent review of the lovely Madeleine.... I have been listening to her other album - Careless Love, and I think I have fallen in love with her beautiful soft and sensual voice as well! I am on the lookout for all of her other albums as well.

Its always nice to see *cough* HEAR an artist that clearly has respect for artists and music of the past.... too many of the newer artists don't use traditional techniques in the creation of their music....Madeleine of course is all natural............
HoeplessDFilms,

Thanks again for the kind words. :D
Having the pleasure of seeing / hearing Madeleine Peyroux in concert was just a high point in my concert-going experience. My sister and I had such a fantastic time. :D Anyone can see my review of the Madeleine Peyroux concert I attend by going to this ML thread:

http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2951

:D This is absolutely the very best concert I have ever been to in my short life...

Ok Robin, I picked - up this recording will be here this weekend. Hope to listen to it soon. Your review worked on selling this ML guy a copy.

Doug - out

Wow!!

Ok Robin, if you re reading this I got ahold of both the cds you were talking about. "Dreamland" and "The Perfect World". I have listened to the later the most and it is truly stunning. The Logans never sounded so good, and the presentation on this recording and imaging is second to none. Done quite differently than the gal in the neighborhood (Patricia Barber). Different, but still great, loved every tune. Guys out there, if you are wondering and don't have this recording, pick it up. You will be glad you did.

Doug - out

Latest posts

Back