Ascent i Placement Problems!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TomDac said:
Rik,
The whole "woman hater" theme just REEKS of other users that I've already banned (Tiberium and Ovature). I don't know if you're the same person getting on with different IPs or what, but please find other sites to post this kinda of stuff. There HAS to be "American Woman Hater" forums you can participate on.

:( I've banned you.

Have a nice life.

Tom.
Tom, I believe all 3 are one in the same both Rik and Ovature mentioned directly or indirectly living in Kansas,all 3 frequently talk about mcIntosh tube amps in their posts,and all 3 post early and often.Fortunatly most of us took the high ground when dealing with this antagonist :D ,unfortunatly some of us got baited into his obvious attempts to stir up trouble. :eek: He'll probably be back again,let's not fall for his crap again.It got pretty ugly this last time.

theWB said:
Tom, I believe all 3 are one in the same both Rik and Ovature mentioned directly or indirectly living in Kansas,all 3 frequently talk about mcIntosh tube amps in their posts,and all 3 post early and often.Fortunatly most of us took the high ground when dealing with this antagonist :D ,unfortunatly some of us got baited into his obvious attempts to stir up trouble. :eek: He'll probably be back again,let's not fall for his crap again.It got pretty ugly this last time.

I second those thoughts, WB. As one who unfortunately allowed himself to be baited by this jerk, I will try to learn from my experience and not feed the trolls in the future. :eek:

Thanks, Tom, for being proactive and working hard to make this a positive and enjoyable site to visit on a daily basis.

Statman said:
So what name will he resurface with next time? :rolleyes:
Even more importantly, now that he is gone (at least temporarily), can we get back to helping the newbie (me) with making his Ascents sound good even though they are 8" from the wall?

:D

logansrun said:
Even more importantly, now that he is gone (at least temporarily), can we get back to helping the newbie (me) with making his Ascents sound good even though they are 8" from the wall?

:D

Oh, is that what this thread was about? ;)

Room treatments, Room treatments, Room treatments!

Do a search on this site. There have been some good discussions about different types of room treatments available for purchase, as well as diy.

jjqiv said:
How about some castors. Move them out when she's not home. Slide them back later.

I actually like the caster idea! Thinking of trying that myself.I'm always moving the main speaker anyway always looking to tweak the sweet spot.

theWB said:
I actually like the caster idea! Thinking of trying that myself.I'm always moving the main speaker anyway always looking to tweak the sweet spot.

I think it is a great idea - however I'm too much of a purist and would worry that speakers on casters (even positioned properly) would never sound as good as speakers sitting on their proper spikes (even if they are positioned poorly).

Also, how would you mark the floor so that you knew where to place them?

Statman said:
So what name will he resurface with next time? :rolleyes:

Statman, Ive given this some thought,looking at his last 3 names.This is what I've come up with.

Tiberium -- is a destructive crystal used in the video game Command and Conquer,this crystal wreaks havoc on the soil making it devoid of all elements and unable to support agriculture.The idea for the game was taken from a movie out in 1957 called The "Monolith Monsters.hence the logan tie in.

Ovature -- is a feminist magazine,(didn't think he'd use that),so I came up with a song called Ovature by a group called The Theater of Hate.

Rik Rankin -- I struggled with this one but here's what I came up with.Rik Mayall and Chris Rankin are both actors from the Harry potter movies.Rik plays the character Peeves who is a ghost who's only misson is to cause chaos.Rankin plays a character named Pearcy Weasly,both these characters are always at odds with each other.Hence the Jeykl and Hyde posts of Riks.Unfortunatly I'm struggling with the Martin Logan tie in.Can anyone help me out???? :D

Based on this theory he'll reveal his destructive and antogonist nature in his new screen name!!!!

Don't even get me started on who shot JFK I could go on longer than Oliver Stone's movie. :rolleyes:

I'm late for the party again??

Hey Guys,

You know, i turn my back for a couple of days and i missed out on all the action.

Can somebody please e-mail me next time something like this happens. :D

Well, Hi to the new guy (logansrun) :)

Back