System #134 (Prodigy, 2 Descent i, Theater, Vanquish, EM-R)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny, I just sold my Sunfire TG and never once even tried the Holography mode. I only had it for about two months but I guess I should have given it a listen.

Funny, I just sold my Sunfire TG and never once even tried the Holography mode. I only had it for about two months but I guess I should have given it a listen.

Yeah, that little button really makes a world of difference when you press it. It is totally different than the DSP modes that are offered everywhere, as it doesn't "color" the sound but opens the sound up. Sort of like having a door to the music room cracked a little, versus opening it all the way.

Dan

I had a lot of Carver gear and do appreciate his designs. It was good Audio for a decent price. Was it gonna go 2 ohms NOPE! But I did push a pair of m-500t several times to shut down. The Sonic Holography was cool. I liked it with my DCM Time Window 3 . Man it was like quadraphonic sound. I never tried it with Logan's.

The Sunfire amp was worlds better than any Carver amp he did. It was really neutral with no heat and could handle the lower impedance drops. I ran Maggies and my Quests and it was effortless. I would recommend it for the $$

I actually purchased my first Sunfire Cinema Grand amp in 1996 shortly after his new Sunfire 2ch amp made a big splash. I had been a Carver fan/owner years before that, wanting to own a set of Amazings one day. I had planned to buy a Lightstar when it came out, then the split from Carver Corp. happened. In that time I was bit by the HT bug and when I saw the emergence of Sunfire, it was a short wait til the multi channel Cinema Grand came out. I bought it, bought my ReQuests a year later and the match between ML and Sunfire in my system has always stayed. I now only purchase Sunfire Signature series, and the equipment drives my full compliment of logans to any level with ease....and it sound pretty darn good too.:D

Dan

Dan, nice system.

I could not agree more on the Sunfire's. Funny that I also have 12 channels of sunfire amplification (Stereo, CG, CGS) in my rig.

I gather you bi-amp the reQuests, where do the other channels go to?

Have you considered active crossovers for you reQuests? That would totally transform them for just $700 worth of processor investment (a DriveRack 260). You've got the amplification to do it with.

Jon, have you ever made a 'Active Crossover / Biamping FAQ' with the hows, why's and whats to make it happen? Obviously lots of that detail is in many of your threads, but is there one consolidated place that tells me why and how I should do it? (other than the 'it sounds better' for the Why)

Jon, have you ever made a 'Active Crossover / Biamping FAQ' with the hows, why's and whats to make it happen? Obviously lots of that detail is in many of your threads, but is there one consolidated place that tells me why and how I should do it? (other than the 'it sounds better' for the Why)

I have a half finished version sitting in my docs folder. I'll be trying to polish it off and publish it in the coming weeks.

There have been several instances of people wanting this lately, so time to get off my duff and finish it ;)

How are the Script's?

Hey Dan, looking forward to viewing you're new setup. Posting mine up in a bit as well. Great room you've got.

Hey Dan, looking forward to viewing you're new setup. Posting mine up in a bit as well. Great room you've got.

Well, I've got it up and running....I appreciate all the help with the Script i's, they really opened up the sound in the rears. I'm still amazed at times with the detail of 4 Script's in the back now. Maybe one of these days I'll mess with re-mounting them with a foot or so of space behind them to let them breath a bit.

Thanks again!

Dan

Couple of new additions to the system

:) :) :p

Attachments

• DSCN2269.jpg
    DSCN2269.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 440
  • DSCN2278.jpg
    DSCN2278.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 532
  • DSCN2279.jpg
    DSCN2279.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 520
  • DSCN2280.jpg
    DSCN2280.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 552
I can honestly say , I dont miss mine! Albeit great in many areas at a lot my room or my ears didn't agree ! Time , age or speakers just wouldn't all line up.. It took three pair of demo speakers to prove it but it was obvious !

Sorry to read that Chris, you had such high praise for them. I enjoy them very much, but I keep searching for what is missing.... I owned reQuest for sooo long that I fell in love with the big/full panel sound. I would like to get something larger/newer, but the big price tag of the newer lineup doesn't fit my wallet right now..

All the complaining aside, the Odyssey is a beautiful sounding speaker, I will make due for now. Next up, to find a nice older set of mono-blocks to run two channel, powerful enough to upgrade the speakers to something larger...CLX? 15a?....who knows..

Dan

I can honestly say , I dont miss mine! Albeit great in many areas at a lot my room or my ears didn't agree ! Time , age or speakers just wouldn't all line up.. It took three pair of demo speakers to prove it but it was obvious !

What are you switching to?

Many variations of my system through the years. Unfortunately it looks as though some of the pictures didn't make the journey through the years in this post. Lol! My oldest ML system was #14, I believe, on the first MLO site..

Latest posts

Back