Are These Speakers Even Legal... Is The A Lawyer In The House???

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Tweeters!

Robin said:
Dave,

:D How about these Avantgarde Trio Series 3 Horns...

I love the look of the Avantgarde Trios. They are so beautiful.
Thanks for brightening my day with such lovely photographs.

Last edited by a moderator:
and the beat goes on.

Attachments

• spharon.jpg
    spharon.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 626
Great Big Wonder Speakers...

wipper snapper,

Those speakers can really keep the beat and then some,
that's for sure... :p ;)

Beautiful photograph by-the-way... :D

aliveatfive said:
Robin -

A long time ago, a plasma speaker was marketed. I believe it was full-range. You needed a bottle of gas to keep the things operating. They generated large amounts of ozone in the room that they were used. I don't think that they were manufactured for too long. I never knew anyone who used them. An interesting, but dangerous idea!

The Hill Plasmatronics. You needed a tank of helium of make the plasma. The tweeter glowed a weird purplish-pink color, created some ozone in your room and sounded amazing, effortless and dynamic, like real life, truly unbelievable.

Other than the ozone, which was bad enough, the conventional woofer could never keep up with the mid-tweeter. There was a major discontinuity and Beethoven could have heard it :) Still the purity of the tweeter was amazing, damned ozone!

Last edited:
What if your guest was walking around and fell into the speaker? I can see that sooo happening.

:D

Have no fear... Joey, the soon to be Doctor in the house...

Joey_V said:
What if your guest was walking around and fell into the speaker? I can see that sooo happening.
Joey,

Yeah, but you could tend to the wounded. :D As long as our losses weren't too great having transparent speakers would be acceptable? :D Heck it'd be worth it... :p

Sonus Faber Stradivari Homage / VAC...

Incredible VAC and Sonus Faber Stradivari Homage Mega two channel System... :) Simply Stupendous! ;) :D

Attachments

• Sonus Fabre.jpg
    Sonus Fabre.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 721
Sonus Faber and VAC...

:D What a terrific combination Stradivari Homage and VAC gear... WOW!!! :eek:

Attachments

• Sonus Faber.jpg
    Sonus Faber.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 648
What a rack full of wonderful equipment...

Racked full of two channel endless possibilities galore... :D ;) :D

Attachments

• Sonus Faber Gear.jpg
    Sonus Faber Gear.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 642
CEC TL-O Transport Reference Speakers...

Monster HT room and reference audio / video gear, just amazing really amazing... :eek: :D

Attachments

• 1151356297.jpg
    1151356297.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,594
More of the Monster HT system...

:D The Rear view of the CEC speaker system with Levison #33 amplifiers... WOW!!! :D

Attachments

• 1151356299.jpg
    1151356299.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,665
Last photo of the Monster HT system...

Beautiful Thorens Prestige turntable simply incredible... :p :D :p

Attachments

• 1151356294.jpg
    1151356294.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,649
Cool pics of this amazing system, thanks Robin.

Although, anyone else notice the slight scale discrepancy between L/R and that punny center?

Not really top-end unless there is a decent match across the front three IMHO.

Must kick-a$$ in 2ch thought...

I think the ht L,R speakers are just outside the ?Genesis monsters Jon. This is a thought that has idly crossed my mind in the past simply to avoid firing up valve amps to watch the news on tv.

Kevin

KWR, Bet you're right, I figured that also might be the case.

But boy, I could not go from listening to music on the big speakers to watching a movie with the other, smaller speakers. The contrast must be huge...

This is why I always try to have a system that does both HT and music very well. That way regardless of what I want to listen to, the system will deliver.
And with all the great processor modes, like TriField from Meridian, and all the multichannel sources and recordings these days, I just don't do 2ch anymore.

Back