Apogee Acoustics - Full Range "Ribbon" Speakers...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
User 211, consider one of the higher powered Rowland amps for your Duettas. I lived with a pair of Divas for thirteen years, initially driven by a small pair of Rowland Model Ones and later an 8T which I still use with my Summits though it may be a waste of power. It is true that Krells drive Apogees well but that is not exactly the same thing as a a synergistic musical match.

Wasn't the Model One a 60 watter? How did it fair with the Divas?

The 8T had a lot more clout, so I read...400 W into 4 Ohms...

I recollect the Ones put out around 200 bridged into 8 ohms and like 360 into 4 ohms. Divas minimum impedence was I think 2.7 ohms. Sensitivity of course sucked. But this combination sounded pretty good.

New love

IMG_3356.jpg

My new love. (The speakers.) My wife is my "old" love!

The Apogee Full Range speakers replace my Apogee Divas. And, yeah, they are better.

They both look like 'keepers' to me Brian ...... :rocker:

What's amazing Robin (doesn't post anymore) started this thread almost 12 years ago !

............ I wonder what she is up to ??

They both look like 'keepers' to me Brian ...... :rocker:

Thanks Dave. My wife is amazingly cool with me having these giant slabs of speakers in her family room. Yeah, they're both keepers.

Proud, but objective owner comment: These speakers are the best I've ever heard in my 40+ years of audiophilia, and that includes the biggest Wilsons, Magicos, MLs (sorry), Soundlabs and Maggies. They seem to do virtually everything right. They immerse you in the majesty of music. I did say that about my Divas, and it was true, but the Full Ranges kick it up a notch.

Latest posts

Back