Chroma Key - Dead Air For Radios

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Reaction score
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Chroma Key
Dead Air For Radios
1999 Fight Evil Records
Genre: Pop/Rock

rr_poprock_8.jpg

</TD><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=750>General Comments
[size=-2]08/12/2004 Peter Voelker [/size]
Chroma Key is the solo effort from Kevin Moore, the original keyboardist for Dream Theater. His solo efforts differ greatly from Dream Theater. Dead Air For Radios is a laid-back mellow CD with crystal clear sound. I can only call the music progressive electronica. His trademark is the use of spoken word samples.

This CD has kept my interest musically and now that I’m a proud Martin Logan owner, I appreciate it at a new level. The drums performed by Mark Zonder are phenomenal as only he can. It begs to be played really loud - my lights dim in time with the music.

Track 1. Colorblind. This sets the tone for the CD. One of my favorites for the speakers. Very dynamic and melodic. You get instantly slammed with deep bass and atmospheric keyboard/vocals.

Track 2. even the waves. Another beautifully dynamic song. Excellent soundstage on the drums.

track 8. Mouse. very interesting sample running the length of the song. completely irrelevant and contracting to the song.

Track 9. Hell Mary. This is a computer’s prediction of the end of the world. eerie. very eerie. Along with much of this CD causing my lights to dim, this song has a particular deep sound that causes my windows to resonate to the point where I either have to turn it down or stop it for fear of shaking something loose. On a negative note, the piano, while not prevalent, is electronic and sounds like it. Be forewarned if you are a piano purist.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​

Back