Custom Search
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: System #12 (reQuest, Aerius i, Theater i, Descent)

Quote Originally Posted by JonFo View Post
    Great Stuff Seth, congrats!

You might want to experiment with a 1" absorber panel placed behind them on the wall, that would improve mids and highs a bit.
    Thanks Jonathan.

Any recommendations on some pre-made panels?

Quote Originally Posted by STV View Post
    Thanks Jonathan.

Any recommendations on some pre-made panels?
    For this application, the ATS panels are cheap and effective. They will even do custom sizes if required. But a set of 24x48" or even 24x24" might do the trick.
    Jonathan

System #45 (Monolith IIIx, Sequell IIb, SL3XC)

I concur with Jonathan! I use the same ATS panels in my dedicate listening room and they work fantastic! By the way a very impressive HT room you have there Seth.

ATS panels are cheap and effective.
    I agree and also use ATS panels, good value!
    My ML CLS IIz/Pass Labs/JL Audio system here: http://www.martinloganowners.com/for...ead.php?t=9676

For this application, the ATS panels are cheap and effective. They will even do custom sizes if required. But a set of 24x48" or even 24x24" might do the trick.
    Thanks for the link Jonathan. They do have some very reasonable prices. I think you're right that a 24x24" would work.

Seth

Quote Originally Posted by Audioseduction View Post
    I concur with Jonathan! I use the same ATS panels in my dedicate listening room and they work fantastic! By the way a very impressive HT room you have there Seth.
    Thanks for the compliment on my setup. You have a mighty fine looking system yourself.

Good to know that you're all very happy with the ATS products. They are definitely the ones I will go with.

Seth

Quote Originally Posted by churchill View Post
    I agree and also use ATS panels, good value!
    Thanks for your reply, I appreciate the input. So ATS it is!

So I know you posted this years ago, but I thought you might get a kick out of something. I worked for best buy's magnolia home theater and then magnolia design center for about 3 years (please don't kick me off the forums!) and for the background picture on some of the computers was one of the most amazing martin logan systems i had ever seen but no one knew who downloaded the image or where it came from. Fast forward to today and I'm just poking around and there it is! it was a picture of your system!

Quote Originally Posted by adamdpayne View Post
    So I know you posted this years ago, but I thought you might get a kick out of something. I worked for best buy's magnolia home theater and then magnolia design center for about 3 years (please don't kick me off the forums!) and for the background picture on some of the computers was one of the most amazing martin logan systems i had ever seen but no one knew who downloaded the image or where it came from. Fast forward to today and I'm just poking around and there it is! it was a picture of your system!
    That's wild! It's kinda cool knowing that a Magnolia store's computers background picture was of my system. Thanks for sharing that.

Seth

Hi everyone!

It has been some time since I last updated the photos of my setup. A lot of new additions have been added, including a new display (LG 84" 84LM9600 Ultra HD 4K), two Oppo Blu-ray players (BDP-93 and all region BDP-103), and this Tuesday a Marantz AV8801 preamp processor will arrive. Besides the new gear, the entire room has been re-painted, and new carpeting was installed. Here's a recent pic.

Last edited by STV; 05-15-2013 at 04:04 PM.

Here are some actual screen shots I took of the LG. The images are from YouTube videos that are native 4K, but my PC is limited to a maximum of 1080p, so what you see in the following photos is 1080p upscaled to 4K resolution by the LG TV. I can only imagine what the actual 4K looks like. Click on each photo to see it in its original size in full resolution. In order to view the following pics, Adobe Flash Player is required.

Gourmet Cuisine

Gourmet Cuisine 2

Asian Beauty

4K Demo

Canyon

Downtown

LG Demo 3

LG Demo 4

LG Demo 5

LG Demo 6

Green Grass

Presents

Store Window

Sunflower

Woven Doll

Fall leaves

And some pics of the new Marantz AV8801, and my two Oppo's.