Will they work?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

AlanBstone

I live in the UK (brick built walls). My listening room is only 12'x11'6"x8'h. I currently use JM Lab 927 Anniversary speakers with AVI Laboratory Series Amplifier (175 wpc into 8 ohm) and heavily upgraded Musical Fidelity A5 Cd player. I used to own Quad ESL63's in a larger house and love the sound of Electrostatics. I heard some ML's many years ago and thought them superb. I can only get about 20" from the back wall to the panel and 15" from the side walls. I fancy the Vantage or even the Clarity. I've been offered a pair of Aeons at a reasonable price too but I think these may look overpowering in the room (got a wife too!!). Will any of these work in this room? My dealer reckons the Clarity may be ok but says they won't sound as good as the JM's in my room.

My Aerius speakers are about the same distance from the back and side walls. I have the speakers only six feet (2 meters) apart.

I don't have the widest or deepest soundstage possible out of these speakers, but it still beats the pants off of any box speaker I know of.

System 42, the one with the funny back lighting. Room size 13'6 (with 3' stair behind that)x13'6"x8'h

I have Vantages in a similar size room but complex in shape due to cabinets above and paritions supporting them. I found that a lettile bit aurelx wedges help a great if one has early reflections from the walls.

Joel

Thanks guys. Did you try goog quality coned speakers in the same room? Aurelx Wedges? What are they? Not heard of in UK (or maybe I've never heard of them). Thanks

I'm in the uk and my clareties are fairly close to the wall and sound superb.
I bought a complete setup from midland audio exchange who let me demo for over half a day. Should not be a problem although you will have to mess around to get perfect position. I found there could be a big difference between toeing in just a few degrees either way.

Alan

i have just aquired (2 whole days!) a pair of vantage's to go into my 16' x 12' room and firing ACROSS the width centrally. They are working very well indeed with my heavily modified MF Nu-Vista 3D

If you're in the area you're welcome to listen

Nigel

Latest posts

Back