System #115 (Ascent, Descent)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure I can compete with your show reports!!

Will report back if I can get a pass to attend.

M.

This thread is very much in need of being updated.....no mention of Duettas till you get almost to the end. Those magnificent blue babies need to be in the first picture.

Just a snap to remember these. They should shortly appear on ebay with an international shipping option. I had bomb proof crates made for these:D, so they should be safe to go virtually anywhere. Whoever gets them is a very lucky man.

If anyone is interested by all means PM me.

DSC01231

Now on ebay at a more than fair price/performance ratio. Joke bargain compared to a lot at Munch 2014. In fact, all speakers that I heard at list price at Munich.

Your chance to own a legend:)

Put them on audiomarkt.de - That's the most active for selling in Europe, along with ebay. Also there are planar sections on audiocircle and audio asylum, where you will find people interested in Apogees.

Pretty confident anyone looking for a pair will find them.

3 year warranty on them. Pretty good really.

Voted 4th best speaker of the show at RMAF about 5 years ago.

Just get a loan no person I'd rather see them go to more than you Bernard:)

You'll love them. So pay up. Now:D

On their way via a reputable Nigerian courier.

Dammit I've just heard the solid rep is for 'nothing ever getting there'.

Nevermind.

Hey Ken, someone was saying run the Duettas off an active x-over and there would be a 3DB lift in efficiency. Does that sound plausible to you?

Hey Ken, someone was saying run the Duettas off an active x-over and there would be a 3DB lift in efficiency. Does that sound plausible to you?
I dunno, but why would an additional 3dB be important? If you need it, why not use an amp with 2x your current watts for the same effect? If you don't need the increase, but want the efficiency, it will allow you to use amps with half the watts you currently use, but.....you now need two amp channels - one per driver, and that's a zero sum game.

I'm active primarily for the audibly lower distortion.

I dunno, but why would an additional 3dB be important? If you need it, why not use an amp with 2x your current watts for the same effect? If you don't need the increase, but want the efficiency, it will allow you to use amps with half the watts you currently use, but.....you now need two amp channels - one per driver, and that's a zero sum game.

I'm active primarily for the audibly lower distortion.

Very American, Ken:) Why would fuel consumption be important?

Just so you can get better headroom off lower powered tube amps would be a reason. With the obvious caveats.

I was really just wondering if it were true, and if so why?

Very American, Ken:) Why would fuel consumption be important?
Coming from a guy who's using hugely inefficient glowing bottles to power their transducers, that seems rather unfair, don't ya think?:p

My nCores idle at 4.5W and are 93% efficient @ full power.

Guilty as charged. My amps throw away 75% of what goes in. Only the best electrons make it through:D

Latest posts

Back