Please estimate what percentage of your system is - New vs. Used...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What precentage of your system's Gear / Equipment / Components are 'New vs. Used'?

• Total voters

Robin

Reaction score
:p :D This should prove a very interesting to see in "Poll" form, just what percentage our systems are composed of 'New vs. Used' audio gear / equipment / components. When I say audio equipment, I mean - when the individual audio piece of gear / equipment / components first came into your possesion and thus into your system - was it 'New or Used'. Please consider audio items you have fabricated or put together on you own as "New" gear / equipment / components. In addition, let me clarify my meaning, when I say, "All gear / equipment / components" in your system, this includes but is not limited to all of the following: Electrostatic Speakers, ATF - Ribbon Speakers, Cone Speakers, Horns, Subwoofers, (SS / Tubed) Amplifiers, Per-Amplifiers, Scalers, Equilizers, Sources (SACD/CD/DVD/HD-DVD/Blue-Ray DVD), Monitors - Front Porjection, Rear Projection, Tubed Monitors, Plasma, LCD monitors, Turn Tables, Reel-to-Reel, Sonic Measuring devices (SMS-1 etc.), Cables (all associated cables and connectors), T-vo, HD-Decoders, HD-Dishnetwork, Computers, Squeexe Boxes, ipods, Power conditioners, anti-vibration feet or phono pads, stone bases, equipment racks, sound treatments / devices in your HT room, even sofas and chairs for listening in your HT room, or anything I have not mentioned, which would or could qualify as audio system gear / equipment / components.

Please estimate, as best as you can, the percentage of your audio gear / epuipment / components in your system that is New vs. Used.

Thank you :)

Last edited:
My AQ cables were new, everything else was bought used, love my well cared for used gear!

Used to have second hand Naim Tuner, but now only second hand Moon P8 preamp. Sold by my dealer to a customer and then back to me via his trade in to dealer...no risk! Great sound quality, full of nuance and subtlety! Tried to buy Summit X once, second hand from London dealer... turned out he didn't even have them. They were in Spain and never made it to him..lost in transit! Hmmmm..
Nearly bought CLS second hand but home trial revealed too much high frequency glare compared with the Quad 63s I had at the time. So I kept the Quads back then..

Last edited:
There's no way I could afford the equipment I have at new prices. The only 'new' thing in the system is the Raspberry Pi3/HiFiBerry DAC, but that was all of a couple hundred bucks, so as a total percentage of value, it's not even on the radar.

:p :D This should prove a very interesting to see in "Poll" form, just what percentage our systems are composed of 'New vs. Used' audio gear / equipment / components. When I say audio equipment, I mean - when the individual audio piece of gear / equipment / components first came into your possesion and thus into your system - was it 'New or Used'. Please consider audio items you have fabricated or put together on you own as "New" gear / equipment / components. In addition, let me clarify my meaning, when I say, "All gear / equipment / components" in your system, this includes but is not limited to all of the following: Electrostatic Speakers, ATF - Ribbon Speakers, Cone Speakers, Horns, Subwoofers, (SS / Tubed) Amplifiers, Per-Amplifiers, Scalers, Equilizers, Sources (SACD/CD/DVD/HD-DVD/Blue-Ray DVD), Monitors - Front Porjection, Rear Projection, Tubed Monitors, Plasma, LCD monitors, Turn Tables, Reel-to-Reel, Sonic Measuring devices (SMS-1 etc.), Cables (all associated cables and connectors), T-vo, HD-Decoders, HD-Dishnetwork, Computers, Squeexe Boxes, ipods, Power conditioners, anti-vibration feet or phono pads, stone bases, equipment racks, sound treatments / devices in your HT room, even sofas and chairs for listening in your HT room, or anything I have not mentioned, which would or could qualify as audio system gear / equipment / components.

Please estimate, as best as you can, the percentage of your audio gear / epuipment / components in your system that is New vs. Used.

Thank you :)

Everything in both systems was new except for Odin speaker cables and XLR for the music room. Now that I think about it the Summits X's were dealer demo also.

Latest posts

Back