View Poll Results: What precentage of your system's Gear / Equipment / Components are 'New vs. Used'?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • 100% of my gear is New...

8 18.60%
  • 15% Used vs. 85% New.

6 13.95%
  • 30% Used vs. 70% New.

6 13.95%
  • 40% Used vs. 60% New.

3 6.98%
  • 50% Used vs. 50% New.

7 16.28%
  • 60% Used vs. 40% New.

2 4.65%
  • 70% Used vs. 30% New.

2 4.65%
  • 80% Used vs. 20% New.

2 4.65%
  • 90% Used vs. 10% New.

5 11.63%
  • 100% of my gear is Used.

4 9.30%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Please estimate what percentage of your system is - New vs. Used...

Lightbulb Please estimate what percentage of your system is - New vs. Used...

This should prove a very interesting to see in "Poll" form, just what percentage our systems are composed of 'New vs. Used' audio gear / equipment / components. When I say audio equipment, I mean - when the individual audio piece of gear / equipment / components first came into your possesion and thus into your system - was it 'New or Used'. Please consider audio items you have fabricated or put together on you own as "New" gear / equipment / components. In addition, let me clarify my meaning, when I say, "All gear / equipment / components" in your system, this includes but is not limited to all of the following: Electrostatic Speakers, ATF - Ribbon Speakers, Cone Speakers, Horns, Subwoofers, (SS / Tubed) Amplifiers, Per-Amplifiers, Scalers, Equilizers, Sources (SACD/CD/DVD/HD-DVD/Blue-Ray DVD), Monitors - Front Porjection, Rear Projection, Tubed Monitors, Plasma, LCD monitors, Turn Tables, Reel-to-Reel, Sonic Measuring devices (SMS-1 etc.), Cables (all associated cables and connectors), T-vo, HD-Decoders, HD-Dishnetwork, Computers, Squeexe Boxes, ipods, Power conditioners, anti-vibration feet or phono pads, stone bases, equipment racks, sound treatments / devices in your HT room, even sofas and chairs for listening in your HT room, or anything I have not mentioned, which would or could qualify as audio system gear / equipment / components.

Please estimate, as best as you can, the percentage of your audio gear / epuipment / components in your system that is New vs. Used.

Thank you
    Last edited by Robin; 05-11-2006 at 07:29 AM.

The ML speakers are new and the Pioneer receiver is old

My AQ cables were new, everything else was bought used, love my well cared for used gear!
    Cogito Ergo Zoom!
    20 goes into 80, a hellava lot more than 80 goes into 20 ~ The late, great, Sophie Tucker
    Thorens 125 TD MK II /SME 3009 II /Shure V15 special tracking, Teac V8000S, Denon DN 790R cassette, Teac A-3340 RtR decks, Onix CD-2
    Sumo Electra Plus > SAE A1001 > Summits

Used to have second hand Naim Tuner, but now only second hand Moon P8 preamp. Sold by my dealer to a customer and then back to me via his trade in to dealer...no risk! Great sound quality, full of nuance and subtlety! Tried to buy Summit X once, second hand from London dealer... turned out he didn't even have them. They were in Spain and never made it to him..lost in transit! Hmmmm..
    Nearly bought CLS second hand but home trial revealed too much high frequency glare compared with the Quad 63s I had at the time. So I kept the Quads back then..
    Last edited by Dougster; 12-31-2015 at 04:23 AM.
    Bruce
    Spires Velodyne DD+ 12 sub and Moon Simaudio and Linn LP12 n stuff
    http:/www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7693

There's no way I could afford the equipment I have at new prices. The only 'new' thing in the system is the Raspberry Pi3/HiFiBerry DAC, but that was all of a couple hundred bucks, so as a total percentage of value, it's not even on the radar.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    This should prove a very interesting to see in "Poll" form, just what percentage our systems are composed of 'New vs. Used' audio gear / equipment / components. When I say audio equipment, I mean - when the individual audio piece of gear / equipment / components first came into your possesion and thus into your system - was it 'New or Used'. Please consider audio items you have fabricated or put together on you own as "New" gear / equipment / components. In addition, let me clarify my meaning, when I say, "All gear / equipment / components" in your system, this includes but is not limited to all of the following: Electrostatic Speakers, ATF - Ribbon Speakers, Cone Speakers, Horns, Subwoofers, (SS / Tubed) Amplifiers, Per-Amplifiers, Scalers, Equilizers, Sources (SACD/CD/DVD/HD-DVD/Blue-Ray DVD), Monitors - Front Porjection, Rear Projection, Tubed Monitors, Plasma, LCD monitors, Turn Tables, Reel-to-Reel, Sonic Measuring devices (SMS-1 etc.), Cables (all associated cables and connectors), T-vo, HD-Decoders, HD-Dishnetwork, Computers, Squeexe Boxes, ipods, Power conditioners, anti-vibration feet or phono pads, stone bases, equipment racks, sound treatments / devices in your HT room, even sofas and chairs for listening in your HT room, or anything I have not mentioned, which would or could qualify as audio system gear / equipment / components.

Please estimate, as best as you can, the percentage of your audio gear / epuipment / components in your system that is New vs. Used.

Thank you
    Everything in both systems was new except for Odin speaker cables and XLR for the music room. Now that I think about it the Summits X's were dealer demo also.
    Music Rm #503: CLX Art DC / 2-212's / Bricasti M12/28's / Aurender N10 / Nordost: O2 Loom / V2 Pwr Spk & Subs, QX4, QV2, QK1, QB8, Sort Fut, Lift & TC Kones, QKore 6, Earth Grd, Acoustical Panels Media Rm #504: 13A's Balsalt Blk /Descent i's / Vanquish / Focus / Parasound 3-A23 & 31 / 65" LG 4k OLED / Anthem AVM60 / Nordost V2/T2/H2 Pwr & IC, H2 HDMI & Net, QK1, QV2, QB8 & QX2 / Entreq SM / SBooster / Sony 4K Blu-ray