Any experience with Mapleshade interconnects?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Tailor3

I just received my first "Mapleshade" catalog. Their interconnects wrapped in cellophane look interesting. They state that their high end interconnects better Nordost's Vahallas.

Anyone have any thoughts; experiences with them?

You bet I do

I have Summits, CJ Premier LS 18 preamp, Classe Audio CA 150 amp, and Theta Miles CD player. I have completely rewired my entire system with Mapleshade products including interconnects, speaker wire, AC cable, and power strip. I also have every component isolated with Pierre's brass cones. In one word, they are phenomenal. From a price point standpoint, it is a total no brainer. If you have the Cliff Jordan "Live at Ethels" CD, you will know what I'm talking about. I installed one "piece" at a time over a period of 8 months. Each was totally audible, even to non crititcal listeners. Incredible transparency, speed, dimensionality, punch, and everything else we all want out of cabling.

I suggest you start with a set of brass cones and one pair of interconnects and go from there. I always got the "plus" version for the wires. I don't know about the "lower" line but I assume it's quite good also.

You should also try their CD treatments. Go for all three. Again, totally audible and worthwile. I have treated over 300 CD's and all of my DVD's. Won't listen to any new disc until I've treated them with the Mapleshade products.

You have nothing to loose (and everthing to gain) with their 30 day money back guarantee and Sue is great. Send her my regards and mention my name if you call her.

Gordon Gray

PS: Pierre's philosophy is "less is more". If you want to discuss further, please feel free to call me after 5PM MDT at 307.733.5885.

Last edited:
Gordon:

Thanks for the information. I am going to give them a try in the order you suggest. I didn't notice any balanced interconnects in the catalog. Are they available - do you know?

Thanks again, Tailor3

Balanced mapleshade interconnects

Tailor,

Per the last catalogue I received, dated Spring 2006, I don't believe Pierre makes balanced terminations. He claims the single ended version sounds as good if not better than balanced, due to the RCA plug he uses.

For what its worth, all the cables are literally hand made which I find very intruiging given the prices and performance. Anyway, I hope you will be as impressed as I have been. Once I finished "Mapleshading" my entire two channel system (speaker wire / interconnects / power cords / power strip / brass cones), I had a touch under $3K into it and don't regret one penny.

If your experiment goes as did mine, be prepared for many blankets to be shed from your speakers and other equipment.

Keep me advised of your impressions if you don't mind. Good luck and happy listening.

GG :)

Back