System #104 (Summit / CLS II)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info Wayne! I am looking at a quad for the same reason you stated but I hadn't thought about the casters. Mind if I ask where you got yours? I am thinking about ordering from Audio Advisor but I am a little apprehensive.
Got mine from Tweeter, but bought the extended rear panels from Amazon.

I've ordered from Audio Advisor in the past with no problems, but nothing large.

One more thing I probably would have done differently would be to order the screened sides instead of solid sides to give the cabinet more air circulation.

Got mine from Tweeter, but bought the extended rear panels from Amazon.

I've ordered from Audio Advisor in the past with no problems, but nothing large.

One more thing I probably would have done differently would be to order the screened sides instead of solid sides to give the cabinet more air circulation.

Thanks again for all of the information! I am going to order mine today.

is that the Eagles live recorded in 5.1 that you where watching when you took that picture???:rocker::rocker: that's a great dvd

is that the Eagles live recorded in 5.1 that you where watching when you took that picture???:rocker::rocker: that's a great dvd

Yes it is Fishman
Very Good Eye
Reminds me I haven't updated my system profile and pics since getting the Summits.

Excellent job with your setup!! I'm assuming those are the latest pictures with the Summits beside the CLS'. I bet it sounds wonderful:music:.

Glen

P.S.
"Love the Drake" that's playing (tv screen)

Excellent job with your setup!! I'm assuming those are the latest pictures with the Summits beside the CLS'. I bet it sounds wonderful:music:.

Thanks Glen,
Yes those are the updated pictures, Just installed the new panels and sensing power supplies on the CLS Saturday Night. Panels are still breaking in.
Refinished the frames in Cherry with some guidance and very helpful tips from C.A.P. Posted below are pictures of the original Dark Oak and the refinished Cherry. They turned out very nice, the picture doesn't do it justice.

P.S.
"Love the Drake" that's playing (tv screen)

Pink Moon is my Favorite Nick Drake Album

Attachments

• Logan New.JPG
    Logan New.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 619
  • CLS 2 CHERY.JPG
    CLS 2 CHERY.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 619
Last edited:
The stain work on the CLS' are very impressive. Great job!! :bowdown: BTW what spikes are your Summits using? Are they the standard ones that come with it or aftermarket? The spikes that came with my Vantages are ok, but not what I would call high quality. In order for me to get the panels to be perpendicular to the floor I have to remove the front spikes and raise the back ones all the way up. When I had my Aeon's the spikes in them were very nice and they adjusted out further than the ones I have now. Before I sold them I was using the Aeon spikes, but now it is back to the supplied spikes. :( I'm hoping to find some reasonable priced spikes to replace the ones I'm using.

Glen

WB, let me know when I can swing by and listen to that sweet sound...

Great looking system!

Had a great time at Burkes on Sun. It was a pleasure meeting you and thanks much for the Luka Bloom CD.
Your room and system look great. I should have made the last get together to take a listen to the CLS and Summit combo. Maybe next time.

Doug - out

:bowdown:

Very impressive system setup...

Now all you need is a 65" plasma on the wall to try and compete with the sound.:music:

Had a great time at Burkes on Sun. It was a pleasure meeting you and thanks much for the Luka Bloom CD.
Your room and system look great. I should have made the last get together to take a listen to the CLS and Summit combo. Maybe next time.

Doug - out

Doug,
Nice meeting you as well.
Hope you enjoy the CD.
I'm sure it will be my turn again for a get-together soon.
I'm hoping Cherian will be next, I did not make it to his place last time and have yet to hear the Monoliths.

:bowdown:

Very impressive system setup...

Now all you need is a 65" plasma on the wall to try and compete with the sound.:music:

Thanks for the kind words, someday I'll have the coin to buy a flat panel or projector and pull that projection tv out of the middle and take my 2 channel listening to a new level.

Hi Wayne.

Gorgeous setup you have!! Very nice.:cool:

Say, I've been debating on wall mounting my Theater center channel pretty much identical to what you've done. Just wondering what your thoughts/opinions are on this.

Thanks.

Jeff.

Jeff Thanks for the kind words

I mounted it on the wall because I had no where else to put it.

I don't reccommend wall mounting, it does fine when watching movies, but when listening to music in 5.1 it doesn't blend well with the mains.

I put acoustical foam behind the center channel and mounted an acoustical panel on the wall behind the tv to improve the sound.

Someday I'll add a projector to the system and be able to pull the big screen out from between the speakers and then put the center channel on the equipment cabinet.

Thanks for the advice. Right now I have my center channel tucked away in a cabinet. I was looking for a better place to put it and contemplated mounting it on the wall.

I'm now considering mounting my tv on the wall and moving the center channel from inside the cabinet, to on top of it. I dunno.

A projector would be real cool. I've thought about that too. But that's about as far as I've gotten with it. Just a thought. Albeit a cool one.:cool:

system

Sweet setup mister!!! After all or most of my kids are gone we can clear up some clutter and I can post up something I've been putting together. My space isn't as large but it works. Nice work you have done! I give it A+ for sure:rocker:

Beautiful set-up...can you give us just a personal taste of the sonic differences of the CLS v. the Summits...no battle intended...just for fun:music:

Back