Do you always keep your gear on ?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you always keep your system on ?

• yes

Votes: 28 39.4%
  • yes, power amp(s) excepted

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • no, I turn everything on and off

Votes: 36 50.7%

• Total voters
Yes and no.

I usually keep everything turned on, because I work from home, and I listen to the stereo a lot while working.

But if I'm going to be away from the house for a long period of time (more than a day) I'll usually turn everything off AND unplug the main power strips from the walls, to protect from lightning. (the best way to protect from lightning strikes is to just UNPLUG!...)

When I come back from a trip, it usually takes 20 or 30 minutes for the system to sound "normal" again, and several hours for it to return to it's fully-tweaked glory. And I never play it hard until it's been on for at least a few hours.

--Richard

If it matters, I keep the Class A bias switch off on my Plinius.

I turn off my system when I go back to the 'rents for the weekend, but I leave it on most of the time.

Joey

I leave everything on except the power amp. Before I listen to my system I leave the Pass Labs amp on for a hour to warm up. :music:

Please Stand By

I leave most of my equipment in stand by mode except for the rarely used pieces which are turned completely off, but i am considering switching to a full off mode in the interest of saving the planet one watt at a time...

I do power down my SL3 monthly for 24 hours prior to their regular vacuuming... :rolleyes:

Warm up time

If you have older Logans I think 25-30 minutes warmup time is a must.It seems to take the panels a little longer to charge.

Back