Creative Contact Cleaner polishes your cables

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Webinattor

Reaction score
Last night I was cleaning some of our rings/jewelry with this product. The small and inexpensive disposable cloths remove oxidation and goo from jewelry, leaving them bright and shiny.

I thought I might try the product on my cable ends, and sure enough...lots of tarnish and oxidation was removed from the cables. (The black stuff on the sample photo was from cleaning one side of the ML speaker cables.)

You can get these cloths from many department stores at the jewelry counter. You might try this and see what you think.

Don't forget to use it on your jewelry, too...ha.
cleaner.JPG

jewellery cleaner

I have also used a similar product, that may no longer be available-wenol-with the same results. I then use Craig pro gold to take off any left-over tarnish remover as a precaution.Even more black residue is removed by the Craig as a last step,so don't call it quits unless you use the Craig at the end.

Chuck Lee said:
I have also used a similar product, that may no longer be available-wenol-with the same results. I then use Craig pro gold to take off any left-over tarnish remover as a precaution.Even more black residue is removed by the Craig as a last step,so don't call it quits unless you use the Craig at the end.

Is Craig pro gold kind of like "Tweek contact enhancer?" I use the Tweek product. The bottle is over 20 years old, though. Certainly lasted me quite a while. :)

Chuck Lee said:
it's still available, just about any car show with vendors at them will carry it. One word of caution, some of that stuff can be overly abrassive to gold plating, afterall its only the oxidation we want to remove !

Webinattor said:
Is Craig pro gold kind of like "Tweek contact enhancer?" I use the Tweek product. The bottle is over 20 years old, though. Certainly lasted me quite a while. :)
Yes, Pro-Gold is the contact enhancer. There is also Craig's DeoxIt, which is the cleaner.

For best results you should use the Craig's DeoxIt first with a small brush to get all the junk off your plugs, RCA jacks, speaker terminals, ETC. After DeoxIt you can use Pro-Gold. It will leave a coating that will protect against oxidizing, and corrosion.

Latest posts

Back