System #101 (Summit X)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audioseduction

Reaction score
EquipmentDescription.jpg

audioseduction-001.jpg

audioseduction-002.jpg

audioseduction-003.jpg

audioseduction-004.jpg

Last edited:
I like your system. It's good to see a fellow Hafler owner (I think that we're curmudgeons :) ). Who is your rack/stand by? I love simple lines like that. What are the smaller speakers on stands? Like you, over the past two years or so, my audio habit has become more important to me. I think it's a symptom of settling down (eek!) and spending more time at home.

Geez, everybody's rooms are so uncluttered. I might have to clean house this weekend and reshoot my photos.

Welcome!

Good to see your system listed here and to hear that you are re-discovering your love for music/audio. Like you it's an escape from the daily grind for me as well.

Lot's-o-Hafler DH-500 owners and former owners here lately. Truely a classic piece of gear.

Happy Listening!

SteveInNC ,

The table is from Bestbuy. Solid wood and glass. They have it in Cherry and solid black.

The small speakers on stands are JVC Northridge E10's.

"The half-octagonal E10 surround speaker looks like a bipole or dipole speaker, but its front face has only two drivers: a 0.75" titanium-laminate tweeter and a 4" PolyPlas woofer. On the angled side panels are small ports, and on the rear is a single set of five-way, gold-plated binding posts. There are holes in the back for wall mounting."

Last edited:
SteveInNC said:
Geez, everybody's rooms are so uncluttered. I might have to clean house this weekend and reshoot my photos.

What do you think took me so long to get my system posted??? :eek:

Oh, nice sytem by the way. Looks very clean and elegant.

Wow

I love the ML's as I listen to Jazz, New Age, POP Rock and Classical it just seems to bring the actual instruments and vocalist into my listening room. They are so clean, crisp and able to reproduce the vocals as real life...

I have been out of the music listing arena for over a decade. I now feel it’s what I need back into my life to help brake away from the real world.

Lately there are more people writing down my thoughts than I thought possible :) Knowing that you're not alone is a *great* feeling ! Welcome, rampage !! Great system and really my kind of music, happy to know you're on board.

Wonderful Aeon i System!

George,

Welcome to the ML Club!
Your system looks so good sitting on those beautiful hardwood floors... ;) Your floors are red oak hardwood correct? Anyway, your black Aeon i's look fantastic on your listening room. I agree with you about music listening. Lately, all I want to do is unwind in soft music after work. ML's sure are my cup of tea, when it comes to listening to revealing beautiful music.

Beautiful system! :D

It's good to have you here. :D

Just upgraded my 2 Ch. amp from a Hafler DH-500 to a ROTEL RA-1090. A very nice performing piece! It even shows off the sound quality of my Aeon i's even more.

rampage60,

I think you will really like the Rotel. I really enjoyed mine and thought it was a great amp. The only downside was that you really had to decide before hand where you were going to put it because that is one heavy amp! :eek: It is basically two mono amps that share the same chasis and power cord.

If you can bi-amp, try it with this amp. I think you will hear a little more clarity between the panel and the woofer.

Jeff :cool:

Beautiful Rotel and Rosewood floors...

rampage60 said:
Just updated the photo and equipment list. The wood floor is Rosewood from Brazil.
rampage60,

I think your set-up is fantastic! Spectacular Rosewood flooring great back drop for your system. Your Rotel 1090 is a wonderful up-grade. I'll bet your Aeon i's are singing now... :D :p :D

I rearranged my equipment to give the ROTEL power amp more headroom for ventilation.

Last edited:
Just added a Benchmark DAC-1 to my system. Awsome performance from this DAC. Just love it!

dac1a.jpg

dac1b.jpg

Replaced my CDP

Just replaced my NAD C542 CD player with the Marantz SA-8001. All I can say is WOW! It brought to the table more detail, tighter base and just sounds Great playing Redbook CDs.

sa-8001.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like a nice marriage with your Benchmark DAC, I'm sure you are enjoying the "catch-up" to listening from the previous decade !

George, I''l be down your way later in March, coming down for a little Phillies Spring Training, maybe we could hook up ??

George, just got done checking out your system again and I'm mighty bummed I was not able to get together with you to hear it "in action", for with my soon to be 'sub' integration into my two channel set-up I would have loved to have heard yours. Oh well , that's what next years are for ! again, looks great and we'll see you in Lawrence in June !!

George, just got done checking out your system again and I'm mighty bummed I was not able to get together with you to hear it "in action", for with my soon to be 'sub' integration into my two channel set-up I would have loved to have heard yours. Oh well , that's what next years are for ! again, looks great and we'll see you in Lawrence in June !!

No problem Dave. Take your time when you introduce your sub to your system. It took me about 3 months of tuning before I was 100% happy!

George,

" Tottemo kakkoii heya!"

Nice set-up change! I can believe in your sense of room designing.
I am sure that your room and equipments melt your heart like sweet "Mizuame". ;)

Latest posts

Back