Yello - Baby

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Reaction score
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Yello

Baby
1991 Mercury Records
Genre: Synth/Pop/Rock
Artist info: Swiss synth/dance pop duo Yello is Boris Blank & Dieter Meier.
'Baby' is their seventh overall release.

rr_poprock_2.jpg

</TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=750>General Comments

[size=-2]07/06/2004 Seth Valencia [/size]
This has to be my all time favorite Yello album, from the opening track "Homage To The Mountain" all the way to the final "Sweet Thunder", every track on this album is a real stunner. It's a musical Motion Picture with lot's of twists and turns, that will keep you glued to your seat anxiously awaiting what's next. Yello's music is very dynamic, very upbeat, and will definitly test the limits of your music system.

This CD makes for some excellent demo material (as do most of Yello's albums). Four tracks on this album that are some of my favorites to demo are the big band flavored 'Jungle Bill', with it's driving drums and brass arangements, to very fun 'Who's Gone' about an alien that's visiting our planet for a few thousand days. 'On the Run' is a very latin infused tune that makes use of all kinds of cool instruments, and the last track, the very energetic 'Blender', about how a guy that introduces a product called Turnex that transforms from a blender into the worlds most powerful vacuum cleaner (this track is great fun). If you want a song that will really put you system through it's paces, this is it. Every track on this album is so good that's it's very difficult to pick out certain songs as being the "best" as all of the songs on this album are awesome. Sound quality is first rate, and the music is just plain fun to listen to. This CD in my opinion is a must have for any audio enthusiast.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back