System #97 (Aeon)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig

Reaction score
1. Craig
2. Tampa, Florida
3. Aeons
4. 2003
5. Changed Maple trim to Dark Cherry on the Aeons
6. Jolida 502A Amp with matched ElectroHarmonix KT-88s. Sony SCD 333ES SACD player, Cary DVD-6 DVD/HDCD player. Harmonic Technology Pro-9 Bi-Wire speaker cables. The rest of the cables are low-budget.

This is a budget ML system (excluding the Cary DVD-6) that I use in my bedroom. The Cary is only here temporarily. I bought the speakers at significant discount when ML released he Aeon i. A used tube integrated with the right amount of power for electrostats is a bargain when it comes to sound quality for the dollar. This amp was relatively inexpensive and fun for tube rolling. I found my bedroom to have much better acoustics than my main or HT room. I'd like to try a vinyl rig on this system someday.

Attachments

• Aeon budget system.JPG
    Aeon budget system.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 848
A secondary ML rig?? That is just way sweet!

The Cremonas wouldve made a nice tertiary system now that I think about it.... ;) .

A secondary ML rig?? That is just way sweet!

Thanks, but a tertiary rig is even better IMHO. See the following:
ML HT System #75
2-Channel Summit #96

Maybe I should sell some gear...Nah, that's just crazy talking!

The Cremonas wouldve made a nice tertiary system now that I think about it.... .

The Cremonas were nice while they lasted but I prefer the Summits. It was hard to let them go but I couldn't refuse a great trade-in deal on a new pair of Summits. I think you can relate. Hey. let's trade ramen noodle recipes!

I would have been happy with the Vantage but I couldn't trade up with Cremonas for Vantages so I had to settle for Summits. The dealer (aka devil)made me do it!

Last edited:
Two Martin Logan rigs?

That a nice budget system you got there. I have a few friends that would give an arm and a leg to have what you call a budget system.

Thanks for posting it.

Tertiary means 3. When I'm home something is always playing. I'm often moving components and speakers around trying different combinations and experimenting. The budget system is fun and teaches me how important synergy and room acoustics are.

Craig's the (un)official Poster Boy for the ML Club! Wanna place bets on how long before he's posting his Quaternary system!

A great tubed Aeon system as well...

Craig,

So you have an awesome (soon to be tubed) Summit system and a gorgeous Tubed Aeon System as well? In addition to a HT Ascent system?
Wow, you are the poster-boy for ML speakers... That is just amazing. I think you should have listening tours through you marvelous ML speaker-ed, system-ed abode... :D I will be the first in line... :D I like the sailing painting between your Aeon's too. ;)

Latest posts

Back