SLM vs Vignette

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsmooth

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
Has anybody has spent time with the SLM or XL speaker or has used them to replace the fresco or vignettes? I currently love the vignettes performing front channel duties for the living room TV and as rears in the theater. Our new spaces will be larger and more open and I am wondering if the SLM XL would be worth the upgrade? Thanks.

I've had some experience with the Vignette, but not the SLM XL. Just looking at the size of the SLM XL over the Vignette, I would say it would be a big improvement for your mains.. You can always use the Vignettes in a 7.1 channel set up if you wanna go that way..

Thanks Tom, changes are being made to the living room set up and theater (and limited budget for all from other half). So the price point of holding on to the vignettes vs SLM vs SLM XL is my big question. Since 70% of our entertainment will be consumed on the TV based system, I am leaning towards going bigger. If I did a 7.1 the second pair of vignettes would have to be a ceiling mount (or a new in wall pair). Long story short not sure what direction to go.

Back