Ascent i or Vantage

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paolo25

Reaction score
I had decided to by a pair of Ascent i. Now for € 200 more a couple of Vantage have been proposed to me.
Someone has compared Ascent i with the Vantages.
What is your favorite?
I listened to the Vantage a few years ago. I remember a very full-bodied sound.
But the bass was not accurate. He seemed in counter-phase.
Perhaps because the speakers were new. Experiences in this regard.
Thank you

As if the bass was sneaking out the back door, but having to take the long way...?

ML Vantage x-sec.JPG

I'm undecided whether to buy a pair of Ascent i or Vantage with the risk of the panel, or pay more and search for a Theos or Esl X.

Hola Paolo, you must take in consideration two things: 1) The Vantage has a powered woofer, and also has a +- 10dB at 25Hz control for the deeper or not the bass notes where you are seated. 2) It has the new Xtat panels. These panels have extedend highs and have more dynamics, that almost makes you think, that you are listening to a dynamic cone speakers.

Happy listening!

Yes, but this is my liking and not necessary yours. The Ascent I are bigger and more impressive speakers...PM your email address and I can send to you a comparison between the Xtat panels version old ones...please understand that I do like a lot too, the old tech. Martin Logan always had persuade the quality sound. And the Ascent I are not an exception. They are good! But if you like to have more dynamics, and better high frequency extension, and use many not so high power amps to drive the Logans, definitively Vantage are the ones that I will chose. The Ascent I requires big amps to drive them, and also they need bigger room to do their best. If you can, listen to both prior you do the buy, if you can.

Happy listening!

I was faced with the same dilemma years ago when the Vantage first came out. The answer for me was simple, it was the Vantage over the Ascent i.

Latest posts

Back