Inexpensive turn table

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsmooth

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all, I have a friend in the market for an inexpensive turn table, likely under $250. Any experience with something low maintance and in this ballpark? Thanks for any advice.

is that figure just for the table or for everything needed to play vinyl ?

What about the pro-ject tables? Haven't heard them but - ballpark with cartridge. Completely manual though. Gotta lift the tone arm at the end of the record. Seems to get decent reviews

He has a receiver and speakers, he is just looking for the turntable.

still doesn't tell me much ................does his receiver have a phono pre ? so based on what you said he already has a cartridge ?

Since the problem/questions he was asking wasn’t making sense, I went over there to check it out. He had a turntable setup but it was “quiet”, plugged directly into his receiver. So I think a pre amp might solve the problem :)

personally , with a budget of less than $250 and considering what he needs, I wouldn't bother. IMO, analog 'on the cheap' is a waste of effort not to mention $$

if all he needs is a phono pre-amp, as I seem to understand by post #7 by tsmooth, I think 250$ may be enough for a decent one.
i.e. a preowned Lehmann Black Cube SE; many people are happy with Creek and Rega Phono MM, but I never had one of them (whilst I had the Lehmann).

Check out Audio Advisor. Have phono pre's in that price range and offer a 30 day money back.

he needs more than a phone preamp, TT, cartridge, IC's........

Latest posts

Back