New from PA with reQuest ESL's

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JKat

Reaction score
hi everyone...

i have inherited a complete (high end) audio system from my brother who passed away.
it consists of a pair of ML reQuest ESL's (s/n's: REKE040 & 041), a pair of Rogue Audio M150 tube amps (s/n's: M150-0951 & 0952) and a Rogue Audio NinetyNine PreAmp (s/n: R99-0969).

i remember loving the sound of this system and would visit him as often as possible (several times a week in fact).
back in the day, i would even buy half-speed master LP's and keep them at his place just so i could enjoy them much better there rather than at my place...lol.

everything is currently in temp controlled storage, as i do not have the proper place to set it up, and will probably, and sadly, wind up selling everything.
i truly loved the sound for many many years, but with his passing, and my not having a place for this system, a new good home for it is what i hope for one of these days, i just can't get myself to get rid of it right now, but will (financially) need to soon, as the continuing burden of the storage facility is not something i want to continue for too long.

if you have gotten this far reading, thank you for not falling asleep or dying of boredom...lol.

Best regards,
Jay

Jay, that's a sadness. Not sure why you don't keep the system for yourself. Where in PA are you located?

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Jay, that's a sadness. Not sure why you don't keep the system for yourself. Where in PA are you located?

@Hammerhead...
i would love to set the system up but don't have a proper place to do it where i live ;(
i live in the suburbs of Philly.

Jay, welcome to the fold, yes, it's a shame you can't somehow continue to enjoy the system in memory of your brother. This is coming from a Rogue fan as well.

What you have is a nice bit of kit so you should not have an issue selling it even if you do so individually.

Were you at the Eagles parade yesterday ?

Jay, welcome to the fold, yes, it's a shame you can't somehow continue to enjoy the system in memory of your brother. This is coming from a Rogue fan as well.

What you have is a nice bit of kit so you should not have an issue selling it even if you do so individually.

Were you at the Eagles parade yesterday ?

hi Twitch and thank you!
i do wish that i had a room that i could dedicate to this awesome system, but alas, such is real life sometimes...lol.
and, no, i wasnt at the parade, now, if the Steelers had gone to the SB and won, i would have driven out there for the parade...lol.

If you find yourself up in Northeast PA by thrbNY/NJ border (Pike County) look me up!

Sorry for your loss, Jay. Did you want to put this thread in the classifieds section?? Are you ready to sell this gear now?

Sorry for your loss, Jay. Did you want to put this thread in the classifieds section?? Are you ready to sell this gear now?

thank you Tom, he was not only my brother, he was my best friend in the world.
i already have a potential buyer for the amps, and he doesn't really want the reQuests but said he will "take them off of my hands as a favor"...lol, i would like to sell the reQuests separately at this point, but they are so big and heavy, it would have to be buyer pick up only...lol

i had only talked about all that as my introduction to the forum, but if the current deal falls through, yes, i would then want the information in the classifieds, please hold off for now unless it is a problem.

Latest posts

Back