Thread: New from PA with reQuest ESL's

Default New from PA with reQuest ESL's

hi everyone...

i have inherited a complete (high end) audio system from my brother who passed away.
    it consists of a pair of ML reQuest ESL's (s/n's: REKE040 & 041), a pair of Rogue Audio M150 tube amps (s/n's: M150-0951 & 0952) and a Rogue Audio NinetyNine PreAmp (s/n: R99-0969).

i remember loving the sound of this system and would visit him as often as possible (several times a week in fact).
    back in the day, i would even buy half-speed master LP's and keep them at his place just so i could enjoy them much better there rather than at my place...lol.

everything is currently in temp controlled storage, as i do not have the proper place to set it up, and will probably, and sadly, wind up selling everything.
    i truly loved the sound for many many years, but with his passing, and my not having a place for this system, a new good home for it is what i hope for one of these days, i just can't get myself to get rid of it right now, but will (financially) need to soon, as the continuing burden of the storage facility is not something i want to continue for too long.

if you have gotten this far reading, thank you for not falling asleep or dying of boredom...lol.

Best regards,
    Jay

Jay, that's a sadness. Not sure why you don't keep the system for yourself. Where in PA are you located?

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
    Krell KRC-3 / Bryston 4B-ST / ReQuest 2nd Gen / HiFiBerry DAC

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Jay, that's a sadness. Not sure why you don't keep the system for yourself. Where in PA are you located?

@Hammerhead...
    i would love to set the system up but don't have a proper place to do it where i live ;(
    i live in the suburbs of Philly.

Jay, welcome to the fold, yes, it's a shame you can't somehow continue to enjoy the system in memory of your brother. This is coming from a Rogue fan as well.

What you have is a nice bit of kit so you should not have an issue selling it even if you do so individually.

Were you at the Eagles parade yesterday ?
    Dave

System #79 - Analog is Alive and Well, if in doubt, click the link below !

Click Here to see my System

Quote Originally Posted by twich54 View Post
    Jay, welcome to the fold, yes, it's a shame you can't somehow continue to enjoy the system in memory of your brother. This is coming from a Rogue fan as well.

What you have is a nice bit of kit so you should not have an issue selling it even if you do so individually.

Were you at the Eagles parade yesterday ?
    hi Twitch and thank you!
    i do wish that i had a room that i could dedicate to this awesome system, but alas, such is real life sometimes...lol.
    and, no, i wasnt at the parade, now, if the Steelers had gone to the SB and won, i would have driven out there for the parade...lol.

If you find yourself up in Northeast PA by thrbNY/NJ border (Pike County) look me up!

Krell KRC-3 / Bryston 4B-ST / ReQuest 2nd Gen / HiFiBerry DAC

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    If you find yourself up in Northeast PA by thrbNY/NJ border (Pike County) look me up!

hi Hammerhead...
    i don't typically get up to that part of PA, but i did reply to your PM.

Sorry for your loss, Jay. Did you want to put this thread in the classifieds section?? Are you ready to sell this gear now?
    Tom D'Acquisto
    MartinLoganOwners.com owner/operator
    ML Owner from 1988 to 2015 (Sequels, reQuests, Summits, Cinema)
    Currently MartinLoganless
    CL
    ick HERE to see my ML systems of the past.

Click here to see how you can help support this site!

Quote Originally Posted by TomDac View Post
    Sorry for your loss, Jay. Did you want to put this thread in the classifieds section?? Are you ready to sell this gear now?
    thank you Tom, he was not only my brother, he was my best friend in the world.
    i already have a potential buyer for the amps, and he doesn't really want the reQuests but said he will "take them off of my hands as a favor"...lol, i would like to sell the reQuests separately at this point, but they are so big and heavy, it would have to be buyer pick up only...lol

i had only talked about all that as my introduction to the forum, but if the current deal falls through, yes, i would then want the information in the classifieds, please hold off for now unless it is a problem.