Is the new EM-ESL C center any good?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crimson

Reaction score
Has anybody here heard the new Electromotion ESL C?
I have Summit X and would like know if it could be an OK match or not.
Of course I would be better off with one of the more expensive ML alternatives, but unfortunately my budget says NO! :(

I'm curious to see how it stacks against the original Stage. I have mine 2 feet from the back wall but still not really impressed by it.

While I've not heard one myself, I think it is a very clever design and should be a good performer. Like its more expensive sibling, the Focus, the ESL C is also a monopole, which for centers is usually a more appropriate configuration given were it will usually be placed.

While it's fairly deep, it can be jammed right up against the wall if needed, as it has no rear ports or stuff like that, even the speaker terminal block is angled so it can be mounted flush.

attachment.php

Attachments

• em-esl-c-angles.jpg
    em-esl-c-angles.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 356
Last edited:
I'm curious to see how it stacks against the original Stage. I have mine 2 feet from the back wall but still not really impressed by it.

It might outshine it, take one for a test drive at home if you can.

But you can get better performance from the stage by placing some dampening behind it. The rear-wall reflection coming straight back through the panel is the number one reason dipole centers are a no-go in my book. Everyone should at least try some dampening and see for themselves.

Has anybody here heard the new Electromotion ESL C?
I have Summit X and would like know if it could be an OK match or not.
Of course I would be better off with one of the more expensive ML alternatives, but unfortunately my budget says NO! :(

The Focus is great as I had it for a time with my Summit X’s. I have not listened to the one in question but I’m sure it’s good but the Focus will be better. If the Summits are your speaker for a few more years I would suggest to not settle. Take another year to save up and get the Focus. It’s truely outstanding and looks like a Summit X on its side visually.

Latest posts

Back