EM-R or Vanquish

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butchmountain

Reaction score
Hello,

I don't want to bore anyone with too many questions here but I am looking for some suggestions for my Left and Right Surrounds. I currently have Motion 4s on stands but my layout is not conducive to leaving them on stands. I have a large 30 feet by 25 feet room with 9ft ceilings which is open to the dining/kitchen area so I don't have a wall to move the surrounds to. My thought is to move the Motion 4s to be the rears and install ceiling speakers for my Left and Right Channels. I know it isn't the best idea but figure it would be an option.

My main question is since i have the ESL towers, Motif X Center, Motion 4s for L/R should I stick with EM-Rs for the in ceiling speakers? my other thought is to go with the Vanquish but for them only being the left and right channels, I wasn't sure if they would be overkill.

While I am in the ceiling I was going to also install some Helos 12s for my Atmos speakers.

Bottom line; are Vanquish over kill for left and right surrounds?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
[SUP][/SUP]The Vanquish are just awesome. They may over power the rest of your system. I’m not that much familiar with other alternatives

Latest posts

Back