Halcro Eclipse ESL

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonFo

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
An interesting new ESL model has launched in Australia by the renowned Halcro brand, along with new amps.

For those well heeled, the new amps clearly are a good match for an ESL.

But what caught my eye is the new large-panel, full-range ESL called the Eclipse ($55K). With a no-crossover design, I'm intrigued to learn more about this panel and how they deal with resonances. From the initial reviews, seems it's impressive, but then unless one is already used to large ESL sound, hard to gauge whether it's any better than a CLS, CLX or Monolith/Neolith.

The claimed low-end extension seems impressive, but given the dipole nature, not likely able to go very loud down low, and probably has a very skewed power curve.

Here is the Halcro announcement page: http://halcro.com/introducing-halcro-eclipse-amplifiers-and-electrostatic-loudspeakers/

And a review of the show: https://www.soundstageaustralia.com/index.php/features/86-melbourne-international-hi-fi-show-2017

Hey @amey01 did you perchance go to a show in AU and hear these yet?

201711_melbshow2-1.jpg

interesting, thanks for sharing Jonathan !

Same thing interesting?? I see they go down to 30 Hz so better then the CLX at 55Hz but probably still need a sub I would think. Also looked at the 2018 Axpona listing and they are not listed - too bad would be interesting to hear.

Hey @amey01 did you perchance go to a show in AU and hear these yet?

I didn't get to the Melbourne show last year, however I intend to go this year. I don't believe there is anywhere to audition these here in Brisbane. You've piqued my interest to check again though :)

I didn't get to the Melbourne show last year, however I intend to go this year. I don't believe there is anywhere to audition these here in Brisbane. You've piqued my interest to check again though :)

Cool, please let us know if you hear them. I trust an ESL owner much more than the avg. 'reviewer' these days.

Back