OMG!! CD jewel box cable lifters

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon Gray

Reaction score
Hi all,

As some may know, I've recently purchased a new speaker system for my new residence consisting of the Joseph Audio Pulsars and a single REL T7i sub with a Sub-Dude 2 platform.

Been dialing it in over the last couple of months and have always heard about the potential static issue with cables on the rug and the "harm" it can do. Always had wood floors in the past so it wasn't an issue for me in my previous houses.

I know Dave and a few others have already done this with their systems.

So I purchased some clear CD cases and raised all the speaker wire above the carpet. The result was nothing short of amazing. Reminded me of the improvement one can attain by setting panel azimuth to perpendicular.

Very audible improvements in all sonic performance areas. Substantial increase in dimensionality, speed, imaging, ambiance retrieval, a lower "noise" floor, less smearing, etc.

If you haven't tried this, please do. You'll be amazed at what a $10 tweak (10 new cases) will do. Or if you have some CD jewel cases laying around, just re-purpose. One can buy much more expensive lifters but given the fact that the cases are clear, they are barely visible and sure do the trick.

Gordon

PS: Posted in this section so it might get more attention. Hope that's OK with Tom and Dave. In my experience over several decades in this hobby, I have never heard soooooo much improvement for a tweak that costs so little or nothing except as noted above. If your system is sufficiently transparent, you owe it to yourself to try this. Of course, YMMV depending on your system.

Last edited:
Not. Way too expensive for me. This is really cheap, less visibly obtrusive and provides the same benefit.

PS: Got the idea on the WBF forum.

Last edited:
Not. Way too expensive for me. This is really cheap, less visibly obtrusive and provides the same benefit.

PS: Got the idea on the WBF forum.

Awesome Gordon !! I knew a guy at work that was a nut job about getting those glass isolators off of unused electrical poles. He gave me about 6 of them. I like them cuz they look cool. I think every room situation is different depending on the static etc.

Latest posts

Back