Thread: Playoff Football

Default Playoff Football

well after 18 years the Bills finally stumbled their way back into the playoffs. I'm sure Larry (RepMan) and I are both gathering our collective thanks to the Bengals.

So, any thoughts / predictions on the upcoming wild card weekend ?

Dave

System #79 - Analog is Alive and Well, if in doubt, click the link below !

Click Here to see my System

Georgia and Alabama win and we have an all-SEC National Championship game! What’s that? You were talking about pro football? Oh, never mind...
    Rich

This comment is intended solely for educational purposes and should not be construed as conveying any express or implied warranty of fitness for any other purpose. Said comment constitutes merely the humble opinion of its maker and does not reflect the views of the MLOC or of ML, Ltd. YMMV. Trust your own ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Georgia and Alabama win and we have an all-SEC National Championship game! What’s that? You were talking about pro football? Oh, never mind...
    I understand Rich.........after-all, your state doesn't have any 'Pro' teams ......... but then you got good 'ole Roy !
    Dave

Super User

What a game - Georgia sure earned that one. I can't believe that kid (Fromm) was playing high school last year.

Georgia and Alabama win and we have an all-SEC National Championship game!
    Well, guess I called that one.

And no, Dave, we have no pro teams. Nearest are the Titans or Falcons. But I have never really cared that much for the Pro game. I love college football, though. And both games tonight were great!
    Rich

This comment is intended solely for educational purposes and should not be construed as conveying any express or implied warranty of fitness for any other purpose. Said comment constitutes merely the humble opinion of its maker and does not reflect the views of the MLOC or of ML, Ltd. YMMV. Trust your own ears.

Living in Knoxville, a city that BLEEDS ORANGE, I'm about over college football.

We have had a soap opera picking out the football coach who by the way is the highest paid person on the state's payroll.

In fact I recently found out that the VOLS football team is the second highest earning college football team right behind the University of Texas. Both college programs have a net profit that would rank them in the top 10 NFL teams!

Sadly the college athletes are frequently poor, are not allowed to earn money with a job, can't receive gifts, and basically don't have time to get an education while they are playing football. Personally I think they should be compensated, because they are part of a huge money making enterprise and except for the very small number that go pro they are seriously taken advantage of.
    Mark
    JRiver Media Server 21 on Windows 10 -> (Async USB) -> OPPO 105D -> Emotiva XPA-2 gen 2 -> Martin Logan Ethos -> my ears

And both games tonight were great!
    you betcha !!
    Dave

My season ended with this:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 12.54.16 PM.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  21.1 KB
    Tom D'Acquisto
    MartinLoganOwners.com owner/operator
    ML Owner from 1988 to 2015 (Sequels, reQuests, Summits, Cinema)
    Currently MartinLoganless
    CL
    ick HERE to see my ML systems of the past.

Click here to see how you can help support this site!

Quote Originally Posted by twich54 View Post
    well after 18 years the Bills finally stumbled their way back into the playoffs. I'm sure Larry (RepMan) and I are both gathering our collective thanks to the Bengals.

So, any thoughts / predictions on the upcoming wild card weekend ?
    Dave , Im so excited it seems like a dream ! I always make it back home for at least one game a year here is this years photo. ( I'm the tall one lol)

I sent my 17 dollar donation to the Andy Dalton Foundation for helping us get over the drought over 200K raised by Bills Fans see link below .

I'm not so sure I can contain myself this weekend with the Bills and Dawgs both playing in a big game !!! Dawgs for the National Championship and my Bills for a chance to move on

Prediction Bills 24 Jags 21

http://buffalonews.com/2018/01/03/da...to-bills-fans/

Andy Dalton gets Bills into playoffs, and #BillsMafia

Forget Andy Dalton's 77-yard touchdown pass that helped the Bengals beat the Bills in Week 5 — Buffalo fans will forever have a soft spot for the Bengals quarterback, as Bucky Gleason wrote, and they're already showing it.

After Sunday's games, "donations flowed into the Andy and Jordan Dalton Foundation (www.andydalton.org) in $17 increments, a buck for each year of the playoff drought. Seneca Greenhouse in West Seneca changed its sign to read, 'Thank You Andy Dalton' while other local businesses and Bills fans pledged to send him chicken wings, liquor and heaven knows what else."
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by repman; 01-03-2018 at 02:14 PM.
    I've tried everything other than jumping out of a plane,
    but nothing gives you an adrenaline rush like racing a car.
    - Nigel Mansell

Quote Originally Posted by TomDac View Post
    My season ended with this:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 12.54.16 PM.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  21.1 KB
    Tom I feel your pain. My wife is from Manitowoc and a die hard Packer fan, living with her has not been easy this yr.
    I've tried everything other than jumping out of a plane,
    but nothing gives you an adrenaline rush like racing a car.
    - Nigel Mansell