CLX Art Impedance Curve

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigGuy

Reaction score
I have seen the rather low resolution graph of CLX Art impedance from the HiFi review article some time ago.

Is there a more precise graph available?

Happy New Year to all those who traffic this website!

Thanks, Rich...that's great and pretty good article. The curve I found was from a HiFi World review of the CLX and not very resolving.

FWIW, I am using XA60.8 amps with my CLXs. Mr. Pass suggested I use a pair of 0.22uf / 10 Ohm networks on my stats even tho' historical issues with previous Pass series have been addressed. BTW, the Zoebel deals with frequencies of 100kHz and above which can cause transformer oscillation.

interesting........must say I never noticed the so-called harshness. Amplification dependent I presume......

...or speaker cable. Yeah I know wire is wire! ;-)

Yeah, but in this case you’re on solid scientific ground. Wire has specific electrical characteristics (resistance, inductance, and capacitance), which will interact with and influence both amp and speaker and definitely influence the sound.

Edit: by the way, I would definitely try anything Mr. Pass suggested in relation to obtaining the best performance from his amps.

Edit 2: I’ve got the X-350.5 paired with my Ascents and the sound is amazing.

Last edited:
Yes with an impedance curve like that, they will be more sensitive to speaker cable differences than about any loudspeakers that you name.
It's about the cable's total end-to-end resistance & inductance, not the spec per meter values.

Hola. I have some customers and myself as happy owners of the CLXs. We are very happy with the sound quality of the CLX, nevertheless, we all use different electronic and cables. Do not worry about the impedance curve. Most of you know that ML is a tool design for many hi-end audio amplifier crafted brands. Just go and listen to them and I assure you an experience difficult to forget for good.

Just give you a try, and take a carefully listening with tracks of music that you do know very well. Take your own music in a flash drive. Your ears are the final judges, no matter what specs do the speakers have.

Did you know that when the CLXs were introduced to the World for the first time, was at the Munich Audio Show. Two finalists remain at the end of the Show. The Grande Utopia by JMLabs and the CLXs. The CLXs won the Best Sound of the Show, by the 11 judges, unanimously!!! The Grande Utopia retail price at that time was $ 180.000.00. This might tell something regarding the sound quality of the CLXs, don´t you think so?

I am not saying they are perfect, but they are one of the BEST speakers on the market today!

Happy listening.

Hola. I have some customers and myself as happy owners of the CLXs. We are very happy with the sound quality of the CLX, nevertheless, we all use different electronic and cables. Do not worry about the impedance curve. Most of you know that ML is a tool design for many hi-end audio amplifier crafted brands. Just go and listen to them and I assure you an experience difficult to forget for good.

Just give you a try, and take a carefully listening with tracks of music that you do know very well. Take your own music in a flash drive. Your ears are the final judges, no matter what specs do the speakers have.

Did you know that when the CLXs were introduced to the World for the first time, was at the Munich Audio Show. Two finalists remain at the end of the Show. The Grande Utopia by JMLabs and the CLXs. The CLXs won the Best Sound of the Show, by the 11 judges, unanimously!!! The Grande Utopia retail price at that time was $ 180.000.00. This might tell something regarding the sound quality of the CLXs, don´t you think so?

I am not saying they are perfect, but they are one of the BEST speakers on the market today!

Happy listening.

Indeed! New owner for about a month. LOVING so far. :)

Latest posts

Back