ML Speaker selector switch

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigHeadLarry

Reaction score
GO easy on me in case this has the simplest of answers as I am new to ML products.

I bought this switch, but it came without the power supply.

I've looked around the internet and cannot come up with a similar product.
What is this?

<<having trouble with JPEG Uploads>>

Attachments

• ml 2.jpg
    ml 2.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 182
  • ML 1.jpg
    ML 1.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 183
Hi Larry, check on Aliexpress. They have 24V DC adaptors and deliver to the US. Look for an adaptop over 330mA like 500mA, 1A etc

Hola. It is a speaker switch. What it i s missing, is the controller. You can choose which pair of speakers you would like to listen. A or B. I guess the option A+B might be possible too.
My advice is, write to ML at the service dept, include the picture and there you can find out more about it.
Happy listening!

mlogan a:b.jpgNeil5M Good suggestion and thanks for the link. I do, however, want to keep it all ML. So does ML as they have a warning sticker advising me to ONLY use their comnnectors.

Robrto in Costa Rica. I do have the actual A/B switch, I just need the power cord. It has an odd proprietary ending, kindo like pictured here.

I called ML, and was routed to a desk where the voice mail informed me that she would be out on July 6th, to return July 7th. It's December...I am far too impatient to wait 6 months for her

I am surprised that no one recognizes this switch. I could not find any mention of i at ML either. Mystery.

Did I stump the board on my first dance?

Attachments

• ml 2.jpg
    ml 2.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
I have never seen/heard of this switch before and have no idea why they produced it. I can only speculate that maybe it was for dealers to compare speakers on the same equipment in their showrooms? Who knows. I suspect ML is on holiday break. Call them back after the first of the year and you should get a response. But the device itself tells you the electrical characteristics needed for the adapter and I expect any adapter Meeting those requirements will work fine. Your chances of ML still producing a replacement cord for this device are minuscule.

View attachment 19568Neil5M Good suggestion and thanks for the link. I do, however, want to keep it all ML. So does ML as they have a warning sticker advising me to ONLY use their comnnectors.

Robrto in Costa Rica. I do have the actual A/B switch, I just need the power cord. It has an odd proprietary ending, kindo like pictured here.

I called ML, and was routed to a desk where the voice mail informed me that she would be out on July 6th, to return July 7th. It's December...I am far too impatient to wait 6 months for her

I am surprised that no one recognizes this switch. I could not find any mention of i at ML either. Mystery.

Did I stump the board on my first dance?

Can you take a pic of the power connector side? It looks just a normal, standard IEC connector. You can get it at any warehouse. Just ask for a computer AC power cord.
Happy listening!

The answer machine went to a recorded message. Call them again, and tell what had happened.

So I think rich is right. I've never seen this. It does possibly look like something a dealer might have to compare speakers.

So you said you bought it ... then ask 'what is this thing'. Haha. So my guess is there is an underlying story here. What is it?

Does this have 4 plugs on it for the stat panels? Curious as to whether this would act as an a/b switch and a power strip for the stat panel. That might make sense as a showroom may not have easy electrical for a bunch of stats for easy display and demo

Last edited:
I'm going to guess this is not some ML-unique design, but rather a stock part from some OEM supplier (or heck, maybe even a competitor) that ML paid to re-brand and sell/give to dealers for A/B tests between model A and model B. Do a google image search and see if you find similar units.

If all you're missing is power, that should be easy to resolve.

Two shots of connector and the only id marks on unit.

Very little backstory. I bought it with out power cord and would like the proper cord. Couldn't find any info on it though

Attachments

• IMG_0663.JPG
    IMG_0663.JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0665.JPG
    IMG_0665.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0666.JPG
    IMG_0666.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0668.JPG
    IMG_0668.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 161
Costa Rica Robert was on point.

Emailed Scott, his reply that these were custom made for select showrooms. Further pressing of Martin Logan people and they believe that 30 of these were manufactured.

I was unable to get any sort of dollar value as I plan on selling the unit.

Old thread but wonder if bigheadlarry still has this unit? I got my hands on one of these but it is broken. Would love to get a second unit if I need parts.

Latest posts

Back