Thread: Naim ND5 XS

Default Naim ND5 XS

took the plunge and bought a Naim streamer. This replaces my Sonos connect for local library streaming, and I'm pretty blown away by it. I'm currently enjoying the 30 day trial period, but I can't see not keeping it.

Now...whats everyones thoughts on DSD?

Super User

Not related to DSD per-se, but the ND5 is a keeper! I've had mine for several years now and am still amazed at its musicality. Good luck with yours.

A great steamer. I don't quite understand the principle of an integrated streamer and DAC personally, but a if that floats your boat then this is about as good as it gets!
    Marantz 8300 SACD / Squeezebox Touch --> Audiolab M-DAC --> Copland CTA-305 --> Classé CA-101 --> MartinLogan Vista / Behringer DEQ2496 --> Whise Profunder sub

Click here to see my system

Quote Originally Posted by amey01 View Post
    A great steamer. I don't quite understand the principle of an integrated streamer and DAC personally, but a if that floats your boat then this is about as good as it gets!
    Yeah, that was exactly what I was looking for. I wanted a streamer that was good enough where I didn't need to add a DAC. So far this thing is pretty awesome, and most importantly my mother loves her new Sonos Connect!

beware of DSD... some of them are awesome.. some of them are shit. All depends on the mastering and what source was used.
    Tom D'Acquisto
    MartinLoganOwners.com owner/operator
    ML Owner from 1988 to 2015 (Sequels, reQuests, Summits, Cinema)
    Currently MartinLoganless
    CL
    ick HERE to see my ML systems of the past.

Click here to see how you can help support this site!