Looking for some surrounds

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris_aleg

Reaction score
Hello all!

New to this forum and Martin Logan.

Got some Montages and love them! Trying to start on my ML journey and they were the most I could afford.

I recently started putting my HT together. I have the Montages as fronts with a Vignette as a center.

Looking for some surrounds that are not too big. The Vignette would be ok but would prefer something a little smaller but of course that fits sound wise.

Someone suggested the Definitive Technology SR 8040BP's.

Any experience and suggestions would be greatly appreciated as budget is not big at the moment.

Thank you

Hi Chris,

Def Tech makes outstanding HT speakers. I've installed two HT systems for my family members and was totally impressed by the price / performance ratio.

If I were to buy HT speakers for my personal system, it would be Def Tech.

You can purchase from Amazon and get the money back / return option.

Good luck.

Gordon

Agree with Gordon. I have an all deftech 11.1 channel surround system, separate from my two channel system. The deftechs are great speakers for the money.

Agree with Gordon. I have an all deftech 11.1 channel surround system, separate from my two channel system. The deftechs are great speakers for the money.

My experience with them has also been very good. They have great surround speakers, but I went elsewhere for my subwoofer.

Hi Mark,

There are so many good subs out there.

I recently downsized speakers in my new house and purchased a single REL T7i to mate with my monitors.

Couldn't be happier with the bass quality and the "blend" between the Pulsars and the REL.

Best,

Gordon

FWIW I went Velodyne MANY years ago and still have it. I wouldn't call it perfect, but it's good enough that I'll probably keep it for a while longer.

Latest posts

Back