Old Member Re-Registering

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Congers123

Reaction score
Good Morning:
I am a long time reader of the MLO website, but am now registering. My wife and I are ex New Yorkers who have migrated several years ago to Missouri for work. This is part of our long term strategy that hopefully will lead us to either coast in 5-6 years to be closer to the kids.

We are long time Martin Logan owners - Aeon I to Vantage to Montis
We are also long time Conrad Johnson owners currently with using an LP66s upgraded to SE status
In addition we have recently acquired an Bricasti M1 SE DAC that we are using with an Esoteric X03-SE CD Player that is now serving as a transport
Rounding out collection is a PS Audio P3 Power regenerator and a combination of Nordost and Purist Audio Genesis cables.

Audio in our home has always been an attempt to find a "sound" that is pleasing to both of us. As some of you may are experiencing my upper register hearing has dropped of some, while my wife retains hers - therefore we are looking for a sound that provides adequate doses of detail and harmonic richness while staying clear of etchy detail. I think we are there.

While I work with systems people on a daily basis, we have a collection of over 500 cd's and at this point have no great interest in moving to computer audio. This will be a project that takes place in a few years. BTW - I have never heard a computer audio setup that really meets our needs. I guess when the transport gives out we will have to move forward in that direction.

Will post a few pictures in the near future.

Regards,

Mike

Good Morning:

We are long time Martin Logan owners - Aeon I to Vantage to Montis
We are also long time Conrad Johnson owners currently with using an LP66s upgraded to SE status
In addition we have recently acquired an Bricasti M1 SE DAC that we are using with an Esoteric X03-SE CD Player that is now serving as a transport
Rounding out collection is a PS Audio P3 Power regenerator and a combination of Nordost and Purist Audio Genesis cables.

While I work with systems people on a daily basis, we have a collection of over 500 cd's and at this point have no great interest in moving to computer audio. This will be a project that takes place in a few years. BTW - I have never heard a computer audio setup that really meets our needs. I guess when the transport gives out we will have to move forward in that direction.

Will post a few pictures in the near future.

Regards,

Mike

Mike from what I'm reading you have a pretty good start on digital audio with the Bricasti M1SE. That is a great DAC that you have there!! I recently moved to the M12 for its superior DSD playback.

Have you tried to connecting it with a laptop or better yet an Aurender just to hear what it can do with digital audio? I know going digital can be daunting I had about 1000 CD's to convert and it took sometime to accomplish. What helped me a lot was going to Axpona in Chicago. This is a great audio show that you may consider going too next April its a lot of fun and very educational. I did not do it until I was convinced and motivated sonically it was a good move. Now that I've had it for a couple of years sure glad I did.

Back