Current vista owner is odyessy an upgrade?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloo24

Reaction score
I currently own the vistas with an emotiva xpa-2. I found some odyessys for sale for 1700. I can't seem to find many comparisons to the two. He's thing I can doubt myself is read reviews for the theos and assume the odyessy is similar to that.

Can anyone here help me understand if I would be getting a big upgrade even though the sodyessy Is older than the vistas I currently own?

Odyessys are coming in at 1700 dollars btw, any thought on if this is a fair price?

If those Odysseys have the later clear spars, then it's definitely an upgrade all the way round: Larger panel = lower xo point; more woofers; sealed box. Almost perfect, except for the passive bass xo...

These are the panels

Dobyou think 1700 is reasonable for this? ML Odyessy.JPG

Last edited:
Yes, those have clear spars (transparent).
If they are fully functional, diaphragm is not wrinkled or damaged, and in good cosmetic condition, then $1700 is a good starting point in your negotiations.

But two woofers AND the ESL, all in parallel, is a VERY difficult load for any amplifier. But you could try passive biamping to start....

I have an XPA-2 currently, do you think I would need more juice than that?

I think odyssey is a great speaker. I have a pair. I use a sunfire amp - but have also had it hooked to a 120 watt carver. What are the specs on the xpa2? I think 1700 is a very fair price and I doubt you would get them for less assuming they are in fine cosmetic shape and have no issues. If you get the serial numbers you can find the age of the speakers on this site.

Odyssey’s will give you deeper bass, wider panel, and lower crossover point. Should be an improvement if you drive them adequately. I also suggest passive biamping.

Latest posts

Back