Ml too bright

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cdelae

Reaction score
Hello
Maybe I can get some help . Here is my set up I have 2 35 xt front Motion 8 center motion 4s surround
Outlaw 7900 pre amp Onkyo 707 using Pre outs subwoofer SVS SB16 . Room 16x10 x 12 height . Too bright room lots of furniture and carpet and picture frames . Tried SVS PRIME FRONT AMAZING SOUND what Am I doing wrong?

Have you run Audyssey Room Correction with the new speakers and setup?

If so, what measurement process did you use? (i.e. where was the mic placed and how many samples?)

Have you run Audyssey Room Correction with the new speakers and setup?

If so, what measurement process did you use? (i.e. where was the mic placed and how many samples?)

Yes I did run Audyssey and I let it run its course throught the whole peocess I think about five or six places. I also adjusted bass and trebble slightly.
I guess My main question is are these speakers plagued with too much brightness and fatiguing listening carachteristics. ? Tha no fix can help them become more fluid . Incredible that 400 dollar svs bookshelves bow them out of the warer . I am getting ready to put them in the trash . Frustraded. The only thing that would probably work is changing the cone to a Aurum cantus like I did in my office but I just thing 1200 dollar speakers should do better mids and lows at that price point . The only good speakers on this set up are the 4s have much better response than the 35s and the 8 shame shame shame

This is sounding more like a possible Audyssey mis-calibration. The 35's are very nice speakers, and like other AMT-based speakers (Emotiva, GoldenEar) has nice, clean and extended high frequencies.

If the original calibration had the mic placed at locations where the highs are severely damped, then it will over-compensate.
As I outlined in my guide (mostly for ESLs, but some principles are universal) on doing Room Correction for MartlinLogans, mic placement is critical to a good outcome.

Please recalibrate, but this time using a very small set of positions, no more than 2' from the MLP, and all at roughly ear-height. My bet is the highs will be much more acceptable then.

Latest posts

Back