New motion 35xt question

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taubros

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I recently bought at set of motion 35xt. While unpacking and getting ready to hookup I looked in the sub vent and there’s a paper cylinder pushing against a white foam of padding in the inside of that vent. Do I remove it or keep it on. There’s no instructions about it. I called Martin Logan but they were closed. I tried the store where I bought it and they told me to remove it. I didn’t do it because it looks very snuggled like it’s supposed to be there. Any thoughts is appreciated. Very excited as I am adding these to my 60xt and 50xt.

Thanks
Kent

Hey guys,
I recently bought at set of motion 35xt. While unpacking and getting ready to hookup I looked in the sub vent and there’s a paper cylinder pushing against a white foam of padding in the inside of that vent. Do I remove it or keep it on. There’s no instructions about it. I called Martin Logan but they were closed. I tried the store where I bought it and they told me to remove it. I didn’t do it because it looks very snuggled like it’s supposed to be there. Any thoughts is appreciated. Very excited as I am adding these to my 60xt and 50xt.

Thanks
Kent

You'll probably want to remove that. I believe the only reason you'd wanna leave that in there would be if the bass was too booming.

You'll probably want to remove that. I believe the only reason you'd wanna leave that in there would be if the bass was too booming.

Thanks but I found the answer by going to the store and looking at the display. Martin Logan replied like 3 days later that that was how the speaker is designed. Common sense sometimes pay off.

Back