Thread: position - directionability (is that even a word?)

Default position - directionability (is that even a word?)

Probably been discussed to death but I notice that if my head is a about 1 foot higher than it is when I am sitting down on the sofa (my usual listening position), I hear more treble.

Not quite sure why that is but guessing it may be that panels (Aerius ii) are beginning to die.

Would raising the rear of the speakers by placing the rear on wooden block (so the front panels are more vertical) compensate for this?

Quote Originally Posted by 02GF74 View Post

Would raising the rear of the speakers by placing the rear on wooden block (so the front panels are more vertical) compensate for this?
    Yes , start there, I'm guessing your panels are too 'laid back'
    Dave

System #79 - Analog is Alive and Well, if in doubt, click the link below !

Click Here to see my System

Think of positioning the panel so you are listening to the center of the panel vertically. If you imagine a 90 degree angle from the straight face of your panel with the center directed at the height of your ears.

The entire sound wave will be equal when it reaches your ear.

This has worked the best for any model of ML's I have owned.

Hola. Your speakers can be tilted with their feet. Un-screw three turns to the back feet and listen. If you need more, then try more...take a look if the front feet are screwed totally where you canīt turn them more, first.
    Happy listening!
    CLX, Stage X and Motion 4 BF-210, Summits in second system. Conrad Johnson Classic One Twenty SE poweramp, ET-7 Conrad Johnson pre, Exasound E-32 DAC, Shun Mook products, Nordost and DHLabs cables. Anthem AVM-60 audio and video processor. Anthem MCA-325 center and surround power amp. BPT Signature 3.5 Plus Balanced Line Power Conditioner.

Do make sure that they both keep exactly the same vertical angle. I also tilted the back of my speakers but one was tilted a tiny bit more than the other. This caused a strange left-right incoherence in the sound that wasn't noticeable right away.
    HTML Code:
    <A HREF="http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showthread.php?10923-System-353-%28Purity-Descent%29">My System (has to be upgraded)</A>

Yeah., you guys are spot on.

I'm finding the best position for getting the best hf is when my ears are in line at right angles to centre of the panels.

For the time being I've put the rear spikes on a piece of wood so the panels are more or less vertical but will tweak this.

The narrowness does surprise me as I thought the flat panels would radiate sound equally.