Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Bump stocks. Who will be

Quote Originally Posted by RCHeliGuy View Post
    I'm confused. Is he suggesting that God was a pedophile? Or is it that the immaculate conception is BS and Joseph was a pedophile?
    First of all, refer to my first edit in the comment above. Immaculate conception refers to the conception of Mary and why she was considered free from sin, not the conception of Jesus. The conception/birth of Jesus is generally referred to as the “virgin birth” story. May as well get our terminology correct if we are going to discuss these things.

Second, rather than try to explain the twisted perverted logic of our republican state auditor, Jim Zeigler, let me just provide his direct quote and you can decide for yourself what he was trying to say:

“Take the Bible. Zachariah and Elizabeth for instance. Zachariah was extremely old to marry Elizabeth and they became the parents of John the Baptist. Also take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus. There’s just nothing immoral or illegal here. Maybe just a little bit unusual.”
    Sounds to me like he is ignoring/forgetting the whole virgin birth thing (and the fact the Bible never mentions Mary’s age) to use the Bible as precedent that there is nothing immoral or illegal with pedophilia/sex abuse of a minor in modern day America. You’ve got to understand that these people believe “God’s law” (as interpreted by them) trumps our nation’s laws and constitution. If they could, they absolutely would impose the Christian equivalent of “sharia law” on modern day American government.
    Last edited by Rich; 11-14-2017 at 07:23 AM.

Rich

This comment is intended solely for educational purposes and should not be construed as conveying any express or implied warranty of fitness for any other purpose. Said comment constitutes merely the humble opinion of its maker and does not reflect the views of the MLOC or of ML, Ltd. YMMV. Trust your own ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Sounds to me like he is ignoring/forgetting the whole virgin birth thing (and the fact the Bible never mentions Mary’s age) to use the Bible as precedent that there is nothing immoral or illegal with pedophilia/sex abuse of a minor in modern day America. You’ve got to understand that these people believe “God’s law” (as interpreted by them) trumps our nation’s laws and constitution. If they could, they absolutely would impose the Christian equivalent of “sharia law” on modern day American government.
    Thanks for the clarification

I always love the hypocrisy of how we should allow freedom of religion as long is it is Christianity and how Scientology somehow is laughable and makes less sense than Christianity. I say that being well aware of the letters from Elron Hubbard explaining how you needed to start a religion in order to make real money.
    Mark
    JRiver Media Server 21 on Windows 10 -> (Async USB) -> OPPO 105D -> Emotiva XPA-2 gen 2 -> Martin Logan Ethos -> my ears

Super User

Quote Originally Posted by RCHeliGuy View Post
    Thanks for the clarification

I always love the hypocrisy of how we should allow freedom of religion as long is it is Christianity and how Scientology somehow is laughable and makes less sense than Christianity. I say that being well aware of the letters from Elron Hubbard explaining how you needed to start a religion in order to make real money.
    Outrage !! Blasphemy!! How DARE YOU!! Uh not really. These people that wave their Christian flag around and use it as a tool of power are nothing but whores or should I say whoremongers of the worst kind. They use religion as their mulligan. And I'm sick of these dotards (I'm in a roll) using a book written 2000 years ago as 'the standard'. Simply stated - in my opinion - religion is something men have used to control others forever.

Quote Originally Posted by timm View Post
    Simply stated - in my opinion - religion is something men have used to control others forever.
    A concept we both agree on.
    Rich

This comment is intended solely for educational purposes and should not be construed as conveying any express or implied warranty of fitness for any other purpose. Said comment constitutes merely the humble opinion of its maker and does not reflect the views of the MLOC or of ML, Ltd. YMMV. Trust your own ears.

That's a consensus. I've always been skeptical of religion in general for that very reason.

Super User

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Gray View Post
    That's a consensus. I've always been skeptical of religion in general for that very reason.
    Amen! Brother Gordon!!