Bump stocks. Who will be

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the USA political environment has become a massive "black hole" and we continue to sink into the abyss with no bottom in sight.

Besides, Joseph was a pedophile and he gave us Jesus.

Rich I don't know what crazy Fu**ing church you go to that doesn't believe that Mary was impregnated by immaculate conception, by God and Joseph played fathers .

I am sure he was referring to some comments made post allegation by some conservative commentators/media/ stupid politician. Take your pick. Something like this was actually said as some sort of .... I don't know ... justification??

Besides, Joseph was a pedophile and he gave us Jesus.

Rich I don't know what crazy Fu**ing church you go to that doesn't believe that Mary was impregnated by immaculate conception, by God and Joseph played father.

Sorry Rich, it's not often you use amusing (beyond belief) sarcasm. It went over my head.

Sorry Rich, it's not often you use amusing (beyond belief) sarcasm. It went over my head.

So I gotta say - this whole idiot in Alabama ....the timing on this just seems convenient. I think Hannity was asking for due process and was raked over the coals. Are these all claims from 30+ years ago? I am really speechless on this. The claims are the unthinkable and yet unproven. But in the end rumor and claims seem to rule the day. And don't think I am 'on his side'. I'm not. I wouldn't have voted for the guy without these claims. But an accusation is as good as fact in this case.

What really works in this type of case? A good old fashioned beat down by these fathers.

Brad, no problem. It is a crazy, unbelievable statement that was actually made by our republican State auditor. Apparently this good “Christian” man didn’t learn about the whole virgin birth concept in Sunday school.

Timm, the timing isn’t suspicious at all. Roy Moore goes out of his way to attract media attention, but this is the first time he has run for national office and therefore attracted the attention of real investigative reporters (as opposed to the clowns that pretend to be reporters in our local media outlets). So the WaPo sent a reporter down to Moore’s hometown to dig for dirt, because that’s what they do.

I’ve read the story, and it is well-sourced and documented. A few things to note... These women didn’t seek out the reporters. The reporters heard some rumors and sought out the women to get their story. The women were reticent to give their story, and only agreed after several interviews. The women didn’t know each other. The main one is a registered republican. The reporter got multiple corroborating accounts from other people to whom the women had told their stories to at the time that the events occurred. One of Moore’s former colleagues in the D.A.’s office back then has since come out and stated that Moore’s penchant for dating high school girls was well known around the office back then.

Then you look at Moore’s denials. He vehemently denies the worst allegation, which amounts to sex abuse of a 14 year old. But he gives a vague non-answer that he knew them, but didn’t really remember whether he dated the other women (who would have been 17/18 at the time). He stated that he couldn’t have purchased alcohol at a restaurant for the 18 year old because this is a dry county that doesn’t allow alcohol sales. However, at the time all this is alleged to have occurred, it was a wet county, a fact which Moore surely knew as this is his hometown and he was a prosecutor there. So this is a boldface lie in an attempt to obfuscate. Which really strains the credibility of his defense. Oh, and the reporter got confirmation that alcohol was served at this particular restaurant in that time frame.

So you add it all up and it looks pretty bad for Moore, which is one reason you have a lot of republicans withdrawing support for him.

Edit: and for the record, Brad, you are accidentally conflating two separate Christian beliefs. The immaculate conception refers to Mary’s mother’s birth and why she was considered free from sin. That is different from the concept of Mary’s “virgin birth” of Jesus.

Edit 2: by the way, I don’t expect any of this to make a difference in the outcome of the election unless Moore chooses to drop out. He was removed from office for ethical violations and the good Christians of this state re-elected him to the same position. Then he was removed again for ethical reasons (by his own party) and I have no doubt they will elect him to this new, much more influential, position. The majority of people in this State are easily-manipulable morons.

Edit 3: And now a fifth woman has come forward with allegations Moore tried to rape her when she was 16 years old: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41973952

Last edited:
lol Rich. Awesome. Yes - the latest? This guy signed one of the accusers yearbook with some non sensical dirt ball line. I also heard his 'non-denial denials'. This walks like a duck.

I was listening to him on fox and I kept hearing him say things like 'I don't recall anything sexual in nature '. I don't remember that. Not a flat out 'No!! It didn't happen! '

Hey now, don’t sell Roy Moore short. He’s more than just a pedophile. He’s a grandstanding zealot who uses fire and brimstone and fake piety to manipulate the ignorant evangelical rubes that populate this great state. I’m sure he had his hand on a bible when he took his oath of office and promised to uphold the Constitution as State Supreme Court Justice (and then was removed from office twice for violating said oath). But the ignorant rednecks and brainwashed evangelicals will still vote for him because he wears a cowboy hat and hates gays and Muslims. Besides, Joseph was a pedophile and he gave us Jesus. So how bad can Roy be, anyway? /s

This reads like the first paragraph of a Michael Connelly novel. Rich, I think you have a future.

I was listening to him on fox and I kept hearing him say things like 'I don't recall anything sexual in nature '. I don't remember that. Not a flat out 'No!! It didn't happen! '

This is extremely telling. The guy is a West Point grad, was a lawyer, prosecutor, and State Supreme Court Chief Justice. Recalling minor facts is the stock in trade of such a person. Yet he wants us to believe that he can’t really remember whether he dated several teenagers when he was in his thirties? Right.

Oh, and thank you for the compliment timm. Occasionally I have flashes of brilliance, though I don’t think I could sustain it for the length of a novel.

I'm confused. Is he suggesting that God was a pedophile? Or is it that the immaculate conception is BS and Joseph was a pedophile?

Last edited:
I'm confused. Is he suggesting that God was a pedophile? Or is it that the immaculate conception is BS and Joseph was a pedophile?

First of all, refer to my first edit in the comment above. Immaculate conception refers to the conception of Mary and why she was considered free from sin, not the conception of Jesus. The conception/birth of Jesus is generally referred to as the “virgin birth” story. May as well get our terminology correct if we are going to discuss these things.

Second, rather than try to explain the twisted perverted logic of our republican state auditor, Jim Zeigler, let me just provide his direct quote and you can decide for yourself what he was trying to say:

“Take the Bible. Zachariah and Elizabeth for instance. Zachariah was extremely old to marry Elizabeth and they became the parents of John the Baptist. Also take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus. There’s just nothing immoral or illegal here. Maybe just a little bit unusual.”

Sounds to me like he is ignoring/forgetting the whole virgin birth thing (and the fact the Bible never mentions Mary’s age) to use the Bible as precedent that there is nothing immoral or illegal with pedophilia/sex abuse of a minor in modern day America. You’ve got to understand that these people believe “God’s law” (as interpreted by them) trumps our nation’s laws and constitution. If they could, they absolutely would impose the Christian equivalent of “sharia law” on modern day American government.

Last edited:
Sounds to me like he is ignoring/forgetting the whole virgin birth thing (and the fact the Bible never mentions Mary’s age) to use the Bible as precedent that there is nothing immoral or illegal with pedophilia/sex abuse of a minor in modern day America. You’ve got to understand that these people believe “God’s law” (as interpreted by them) trumps our nation’s laws and constitution. If they could, they absolutely would impose the Christian equivalent of “sharia law” on modern day American government.

Thanks for the clarification :)

I always love the hypocrisy of how we should allow freedom of religion as long is it is Christianity and how Scientology somehow is laughable and makes less sense than Christianity. I say that being well aware of the letters from Elron Hubbard explaining how you needed to start a religion in order to make real money.

Thanks for the clarification :)

I always love the hypocrisy of how we should allow freedom of religion as long is it is Christianity and how Scientology somehow is laughable and makes less sense than Christianity. I say that being well aware of the letters from Elron Hubbard explaining how you needed to start a religion in order to make real money.

Outrage !! Blasphemy!! How DARE YOU!! Uh not really. These people that wave their Christian flag around and use it as a tool of power are nothing but whores or should I say whoremongers of the worst kind. They use religion as their mulligan. And I'm sick of these dotards (I'm in a roll) using a book written 2000 years ago as 'the standard'. Simply stated - in my opinion - religion is something men have used to control others forever.

That's a consensus. I've always been skeptical of religion in general for that very reason.

This recent mass shooting was at a school with an armed deputy. He didn't do a good job, but I think he is an example of exactly why putting armed guards at schools or arming teachers won't work. People get scared or panicked. We do NOT have a group of people trained for this type of job. Throwing guns at the gun problem is basically a two wrongs to make a right situation. Not only that but schools are already severely under funded and can't afford this type of action.

We have a vocal group of people addicted to the allusion of power when they hold a gun. They feel entitled to their guns and this addiction runs deep. Why else would the refrain, "Pull it from my cold dead fingers" keep coming up. Think about how emotionally unhealthy that is.

This is no different than Golum completely possessed to hold his "Precious". They are so emotionally bonded to chunk of metal that they will fight to their dying breath to keep it.

Think about this for a minute. They can't imagine life without a gun. Simply put they have a dependency on an inanimate object that makes them feel powerful.

The obvious low blow would be to suggest that they are compensating for something, but this is an emotional dependency. Small genitalia could feed into that, but it is much more complex than that.

A common thread in all of the mass shootings this year is that people easily purchased guns and frequently were not people who should have been able to purchase guns, but if guns were not so easily accessible, many of those shooting would never have happened. This is a much more effective way to curb this sort of behavior rather than throwing more guns at the problem.

The 2nd Amendment is not applicable anymore and needs to go away. Period.

Interesting take Mark, some of which I agree. It's a shame you didn't touch on the facts about how much law enforcement totally blew the warning signs given to them.

, but if guns were not so easily accessible, many of those shooting would never have happened. This is a much more effective way to curb this sort of behavior rather than throwing more guns at the problem.

The 2nd Amendment is not applicable anymore and needs to go away. Period.

That's the crux of it.

I can't say I'm a fan of the tough gun laws we have here in Australia, but the fact that we haven't had a mass shooting since 1997 and you have one almost every single day can't be denied. I really don't think our "mental health services" are that much better to be the full justification for statistics like that. The US is the only country in the world where it is this bad - they're losing less citizens in war-torn countries! And every time this comes up, I write the same thing - how much longer are you going to let this keep happening ?

Interesting take Mark, some of which I agree. It's a shame you didn't touch on the facts about how much law enforcement totally blew the warning signs given to them.

Sadly that is just par for the course and far more typical than not. We have had many warnings about other people who went on to kill a bunch of people. Either there are so many false warnings that the real ones get lost or our entire law enforcement is inept. You choose. In either case it's a moot point because human nature being what it is, this situation won't improve.

Latest posts

Back