New ML Owner introduction

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamG247 (Ret-Navy)

Reaction score
Greetings and Salutations,

I just made the move to Electrostatic Speakers. WOW. Like I did not have speakers before! Supremely pleased with the Sound and Envelopment.

I have a 9.2.4 Set up. I replaced a set of SVS MTS-01's (L&R) and MTC-01 (C) with Martin Logan ElectroMotion ESL-X's and EM ESL C.

Just breaking them in now and enjoying every second. I know these are beginners ML's, but Damn they are sweet.

Lots of questions, but before I ask anything I have lots of reading to do. Just wanted to drop in and introduce myself. Happy to be here and I look forward to getting to know other ML Owners. I am certain their is must to learn about how to tweak the Dipole speakers.

Happy Saturday Everyone. May your day be filled with glories ML Sound!:music:

Last edited:
Hi Adam, Welcome...... isn't new gear great !!

Welcome Adam! Nothing wrong with starting off with the Electromotion ESL line. You can slowly work your way up to the Neolith's! :ROFL:

BTW, if you're on the FL West Coast, you might want to check out the Suncoast (Tampa area) or Sarasota Audiophile Societies (both hosted on Meetup).

Welcome from another Floridian.

Thank you for your service.

Thank you kindly Sir. It was my Honor and distinct Privilege. I miss the life terribly, but am slowly adjusting to being a Civy!

Welcome Adam! Nothing wrong with starting off with the Electromotion ESL line. You can slowly work your way up to the Neolith's! :ROFL:

BTW, if you're on the FL West Coast, you might want to check out the Suncoast (Tampa area) or Sarasota Audiophile Societies (both hosted on Meetup).

On my retirement pay, that is a dream too far. But I might win the Lottery, so I have that! Thanks for the tips about the Local organizations. I will look into them. Much appreciated Sir.

Welcome Adam,

Yes, there's a certain magic to ESL's and you will find that it never leaves you.

While still very new to the sound signature of an Electrostatic panel, I can already tell there is no going back. I must admit the bottom end on these is somewhat lacking. However, I was already aware of that before I purchased them. So I bought some good subs to match them with. I matched them with a pair of JTR Captivator 2400ULF's. The combination performs flawlessly and the sound stage is awe inspiring. I find myself lost in the Music for hours on end. They perform equally well for Home Theatre use as well. Incredible and delightful sound.

Thank you all for the Comments and warm Welcome.

Adam sounds like you are having some fun! When you hear Electrostatic speakers for the first time you will always remember the date and time - they are that good as you are finding out. Hopefully the storms are over for this year so you can have uninterrupted listening.

Back