Montis bass controll

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Probi

Reaction score
Hello,

i own a couple of Montis and i'm going to find the best regulation of bass in my room... i have a curiosity: putting the trackwheel adjusting the basses in position 0 behaves as excluding the controls or not . (as was the case in the old amplifiers where placing the tone controls at zero was excluded from the signal path)

Thank you

Rob II

Hola Roberto II,
The control at the center position, you have +10dB or -10dB adjustment of bass intensity, starting from I think 90Hz and below. In other words, at your seating golden position, you can adjust the intensity of the bass that you liked most. If you like your music with more bass energy, then move the knob to the right! If you like with less bass energy, then move the knob to the left, until you get the amount of energy that you like. Your room could be at your golden position, too strong. Then you can take off some of that unwanted bass, adjusting that knob at their back. How do you know where is the best position? Trust your ears and feelings. Some audiophiles like strong bass energy, other like with less intensity. Other just about, so your ears decide. Also, not all recordings have the same bass energy, so you have to choose what you like average...so you do not have to be adjusting it all the time.

Happy listening!

Last edited:
Thank you Roberto for your answer... in effect i know how to adjust the bass...

my curiosity is to know if the bass control in position zero means exclude bass control tone or no

Rob II

The center position is where in a special chamber where there is no echo, makes the speaker to have the flat frequency response. Because there is an active woofer with a 200 Watts power amp built in, the center position is where you have the measured frequency response in an anechoic chamber. But it is active all the time. The control is not excluded.

Latest posts

Back