ML reQuest Small Room

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sinewave

Reaction score
I just purchased a pair of reQuests 2nd hand and I'm totally in love with them. Problem is my wife kicked me out of the living room with my audio setup (she hates large speakers) so I have to make them work in a 10' x 10' tiny room. Has anyone got this to work? I could use that small room only for audio but I hope the sound won't totally suck...I am ready to prep the room with acoustic treatments because I can basically do whatever I want with the space.

Btw, I drive my reQuests with Hypex nCore and a Gustard x20u as preamp / DAC. This combo is mind blowing good!

Thanks, Michael

Hola Michael,

The Request are big speakers. You need to put them at least 2 to 3 feet away from their´s back wall. Also, if you have too much bass energy, you have to put at room´s corners acoustic treatment. Listening ML in near field array, is OK. I have my CLX in a 13x14 room. Give it a try, I think you will be safe. The system is for you only. The golden seat position is for one person only where the magic is.

Happy listening and welcome to the ML family!
Regards from Costa Rica,
Roberto.

Latest posts

Back