What about Cables ?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please keep that in mind when you choose to lecture or belittle someone because they elected to spend their money on something that you don't really care about.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, a person displays his lack of breeding when he can't keep a civilized tongue in his head after traversing this planet for over half a century.

I don't understand why the EW acolyte/disciple feels compelled to enter every cable discussion and stay.

Thank you Brad and Bernard. Maybe he'll finally get IT but I'm not holding my breath.

PS: Maybe he's trying to be the EW replacement for MLO since he was banned from this site, the "What's Best Forum" site and likely others I don't know about. Maybe that behavior come from being "obsessive".

Last edited:
Frankly I would be honored to join his enlightened ranks.

Not only that but I would be perfectly happy if a moderator put me out of my misery and banned me from this place.

There is no point in my being here. It just further cements my thoughts that our civilization is doomed and that people will continue to believe in magic and ignore science until we destroy ourselves.

Frankly I would be honored to join his enlightened ranks.

Not only that but I would be perfectly happy if a moderator put me out of my misery and banned me from this place.

There is no point in my being here. It just further cements my thoughts that our civilization is doomed and that people will continue to believe in magic and ignore science until we destroy ourselves.

Lol. Beautiful segue mark!! Power cords to our political environment. Hahaha.

Personally I could care less what anyone believes about cables. The only thing that matters is what I believe. And your comments - seriously - they are words on a page ...well sort of. I just have no idea why people get their shorts in a bind over cables. You don't believe in santa. So what. I do believe in santa. So what. We need to get you guys in NATO :)

OK Gents ............as I tell my grandkids ......... it's time for a 'time out'. Lets all take a piece of Bernard's wisdom and 'kill 'em with kindness' as mother used to say.......... OK !!!!

......... it's time for a 'time out'.

So Jon was right - this thread degenerated as quickly as a signal through a Bose speaker.

I dunno - why does Bose sound so bad? - must be the cheap cable they use inside those things.

DISCLAIMER: Given the heightened state of sensitivity we all have given this thread (and others), that was meant to be funny only. It was not a dig at anyone in particular

Last edited:
Now I do have some very real world constraints on my system that could make an absolute measurable improvement in sound quality. My speakers are in my den and I can't pull the speakers out any further from the wall than I have them. Acoustical treatments would help, but are once again not an option because of my wife and aesthetics. Larger panels might increase the sweet spot, but I have to physically lift these speakers and move them and these are the largest/heaviest ML speakers that I can move up and down stairs. So I'm not suggesting that my system is remotely optimized in ways that would really matter.

I know first hand how panels can be a great benefit particularly behind if too close to front wall. I made some removable panels in the rear of my room. I have some rather large pictures with glass and needed something to help but did not want to remove the pictures permanently. So cam up with a way to hang them over the picture itself. Not sure what is behind your speakers but maybe you can do something like this when listening and then when not remove and store away. Just a thought.

Attachments

• IMG_3043.JPG
    IMG_3043.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_3044.JPG
    IMG_3044.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 125
So Jon was right - this thread degenerated as quickly as a signal through a Bose speaker.

I dunno - why does Bose sound so bad? - must be the cheap cable they use inside those things.

DISCLAIMER: Given the heightened state of sensitivity we all have given this thread (and others), that was meant to be funny only. It was not a dig at anyone in particular

This was funny!!! HahHa.

If I did that to my living room it would be grounds for divorce :(

The point I was trying to make is to have a removable panel like I made over the pictures. Obviously all the other panels would not be there that is just my back wall like Brad said. If you are close to the front wall a acoustic panel will help with the idea of maybe making it removable. That was all. By the way the best I found was not strictly absorptive or reflective but a combination of the two for the front wall behind ML speakers.

Yes, the power cords to your Martin logans matter. When I bought my Odyssey's the Martin logan dealer said if you really want to hear what those speakers can do buy a set of Foundation Research LC 1's. These are a powercords with a conditioner. He didn't carry Foundation research at the time.

I did end up buying the LC 1's which did make a huge difference. On a side note I upgraded every fuse in my system to the recently introduced Synergistic blue fuses. I had a friend over and replaced one fuse at a time listening to the differences. When I put the new blue fuses in the LC 1 powercords to the Logan from the get go on the 1st note there was quite a difference. Try the blue fuses, expensive but you will be more than surprised.

There is a similar powercord / conditioner made by Canadian company Blue Circle called a BC 68 powercord. I would highly recommend either of these powercord/ conditioners. They do an amazing job.

Yes, the power cords to your Martin logans matter. When I bought my Odyssey's the Martin logan dealer said if you really want to hear what those speakers can do buy a set of Foundation Research LC 1's. These are a powercords with a conditioner. He didn't carry Foundation research at the time.

I did end up buying the LC 1's which did make a huge difference. On a side note I upgraded every fuse in my system to the recently introduced Synergistic blue fuses. I had a friend over and replaced one fuse at a time listening to the differences. When I put the new blue fuses in the LC 1 powercords to the Logan from the get go on the 1st note there was quite a difference. Try the blue fuses, expensive but you will be more than surprised.

There is a similar powercord / conditioner made by Canadian company Blue Circle called a BC 68 powercord. I would highly recommend either of these powercord/ conditioners. They do an amazing job.

Let's make a very clear distinction between power cables and power conditioners.

Let's make a very clear distinction between power cables and power conditioners.
Good point. I will back up Moon's comments on the LC1 (I have four: two on my MLs, one on my DAC, and one awaiting surgery to remove the captive power cord on my ARC SP9 and replace it with a Furutech IEC inlet).....health problems have prevented me from doing this. I have not yet played with fuses, primarily because they are so expensive.

Hi Bernard,

If you pm me your address, I will give you the 2 Isoclean fuses I took out of the LC 1's for free.

You can get the fuses at partsconnexion.com in Canada at 20% off the US price if you email them. I used to have the black fuses and was reading the great reports on audiogon about the new blue ones and decided to try one in my amp. I had no plans to replace the black ones prior to inserting the blue one in the amp. Once I heard that , there was no turning back.

If you try the fuses they are directional and sound better one way over the other.

amey01,

I wouldn't bother sticking a plain power cord to the Martin logans. If you want to get the best out of the ML's it's either the Foundation research or Blue Circle BC 68 power cord / conditioners. There are many ML owners in the BC forums who have done just that.

Last edited:
Hi Bernard,

If you pm me your address, I will give you the 2 Isoclean fuses I took out of the LC 1's for free.

You can get the fuses at partsconnexion.com in Canada at 20% off the US price if you email them. I used to have the black fuses and was reading the great reports on audiogon about the new blue ones and decided to try one in my amp. I had no plans to replace the black ones prior to inserting the blue one in the amp. Once I heard that , there was no turning back.

If you try the fuses they are directional and sound better one way over the other.

amey01,

I wouldn't bother sticking a plain power cord to the Martin logans. If you want to get the best out of the ML's it's either the Foundation research or Blue Circle BC 68 power cord / conditioners. There are many ML owners in the BC forums who have done just that.
Wow!!! That's great, and very generous. Thanks! Will do, and report the results back here.

We definitely need to get together next summer.

Latest posts

Back