off site data storage

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Reaction score
Well, I've been meaning to do this for a long time now.. today it finally happened.. I got a safe deposit box and put backup copies of my music, movies, photographs and documents into it! Just in case our house burns to the ground, my music is SAFE!!

I can breathe a sigh of relief now!

Well, I've been meaning to do this for a long time now.. today it finally happened.. I got a safe deposit box and put backup copies of my music, movies, photographs and documents into it! Just in case our house burns to the ground, my music is SAFE!!

I can breathe a sigh of relief now!

Haha. I need to do this!! Or maybe a will?? :)

This is is essential. I've got a copy in my office.

Although - with Tidal and the like - I'm using my local music collection less and less these days, and I don't know if it would be the end of the world if I did lose it.

I just finished ripping all of our CD's, still ripping the movie collection it takes forever. I just bought a 4tb passport to backup my Synology to and keep in a safe place.. now the wife is urging me to sell all CD's, DVD's etc...

Dan

I just finished ripping all of our CD's, still ripping the movie collection it takes forever. I just bought a 4tb passport to backup my Synology to and keep in a safe place.. now the wife is urging me to sell all CD's, DVD's etc...

Dan

Hi Dan,
you're doing exactly what I did. Everything on the Synology NAS and 3 WD Passport USB drives to store everything off-site! Great minds think alike!

i moved all the CDs (sans jewelcase) to binders

https://www.amazon.com/LINKYO-stora...r=8-33-spons&keywords=CD+storage+folder&psc=1

The DVD's are almost all ripped and we decided to just give them away, so we took them to GoodWill and will use that as a tax write-off. We're keeping the Blu-Rays.

I would like to be able to rip my blu-rays, but I don't want to pay for the pirating software to de-code them correctly...lol! So I will hang on to those, as well. When I pick up a new 4K projector we will be fully Ultra HD in the living room, then I will start purchasing 4k material.

Thanks for the lead on the case!

Dan

I would like to be able to rip my blu-rays, but I don't want to pay for the pirating software to de-code them correctly...lol! So I will hang on to those, as well. When I pick up a new 4K projector we will be fully Ultra HD in the living room, then I will start purchasing 4k material.

Thanks for the lead on the case!

Dan

If you would use pirating software to rip them, why not just use pirating software to download them. So much easier in the end.

Unsure of the legality of that if you own the licence??

Latest posts

Back