Major upgrade !

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FLT

Reaction score
I'm counting down the days to the receipt of my new Pass Labs X250.8 to replace my 2 year old Parasound A21. It will be driving my ML Classic 9's.
Once it is broken in I will post my findings and a comparison in the amplifier section.

I'm counting down the days to the receipt of my new Pass Labs X250.8 to replace my 2 year old Parasound A21. It will be driving my ML Classic 9's.
Once it is broken in I will post my findings and a comparison in the amplifier section.

Congrats. Upgrades are always fun!

I'll be interested to read your review. Those look like two very similar amps, I'd wonder how big of an upgrade that ends up being. I'm actually a day away from upgrading my A23 to an A21.

Well I can tell you right now that the A21 is a great amp and I am curious myself. Regarding the difference between the A23 and the A21, it will be a definite upgrade and not just because of the higher power output.

Awesome on you!! Very cool. I need to hear some pass gear. The descriptors of it are right up my alley!! Pictures are cool too!! :).

The Pass X250.8 has broken in nicely.
The Parasound A21 was a good performer with my ML Classic 9's but the X250.8 is outstanding. I was also considering the Rogue M180 in my quest for improvements but due to the Classic 9's lack of internal bass amps I went for the Pass and I'm very happy with the results.
Compared to the Parasound, the Pass has much more depth, more clarity and ease, and is generally more musical overall. I'm hearing beautiful detail in my well know music collection that I did not know was there and now is obvious. The tone and harmonics on piano, violin and other difficult to reproduce instruments seem perfect to me. The bass is richer and more tuneful where the Parasound was perhaps quicker but more mechanical.

Back