ciao from Italy

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Probi

Reaction score
Ciao, my name is Roberto i live in North Italy... i've just bought a couple of Martin Logan Montis... ETA wensday 16.

I must admit that i'm doing something of crazy and hope to do not cry soon for my decision: never heard before an electrostatic speacker and must place them in my small room 5,5 mt x 4,5 mt and have only 1 mt max from the rear panel to the backwall...

I'm thinking to place 2 Helmontz resonator http://www.acusticaapplicata.com/volcano.php?lang=ita just between backwall and Montis...

My system is completed with amplifier Burmester 032 - dac Auralic Vega - nas Melco N1a - cabled Nordost

My preferred music is Jazz (small band) and acoustic vocal solo or vocal + guitar... my problem is not too much time spent in study english at school ;D

:band:

Ciao
Rob

Last edited:
Ciao Roberto,

You have one of the best Martin Logan speakers. They do offer a super good sound. Your Montis come with a bass control device built in. You can adjust from 100Hz to below, the bass intensity + - 10dB at your golden seat positon. Before you do the resonator buying, I will ask the seller for a demo at your own place. This kind of resonator is expensive...and your Montis, having a curvilinear array, with 30° of coverage, will have your room fool of all energy sound.

My room is small, and believe, I really do like what I am listening here...my room is my BATICAVE. You can see my room in the owner system No. 460. I do have to updated the pics, because right now, the only thing that I am using are the speakers, the electronics I had changed almost everything.

I wish a very happy listening and a big hug from Costa Rica,
Roberto.

Thank Roberto for your reply.

Effectly i already own that resonator because with my actual speakers (ProAc D30r) they are really positive effective. I must only decide if they can help even with ML Montis or if is better to put them in a corner and put in back of Montis a couple of adsorber panel.

Bye
Rob

The next week the 2 ProAc D30r will be replaced with a couple od ML Montis.
Rob DSC_0127 (1).jpg

Hola Roberto,

Well, I can see that you had treated your room. Before you do some changes, its better to play some time with your new Montis, and get accustomed to their sound. The electrostatic speakers is a totally different way to listen to the music, or should I say to listen the musician(s) playing for there, right in your room. Did you know that the diafragm of the Montis, at the electrostatic panel, weights less than the air that it moves? So, when the signal is applied, it will move as fast as the signal is, and when the signal it is not applied, it will stop moving because there is no inertia at all. This means, there is no distortion at all.

Your room looks espectacular. With your Montis, you are going to experience another level of high-end audio. Remember this: The highs are totally different of a tweeter highs. Sometimes we think that there are no highs, but our ears are wrong. Play cimballs, or percussion instruments, and you will hear of what I am talking about. Once you are accustomed to it, then listen to the dymanic speakers. Don't get me wrong. I love dynamic speakers too, but not as Martin Logan.

Enjoy your music Roberto! I wish to you a very happy listening!

Your TOCAYO,
Roberto. (Omonimo)

Welcome Roberto II, sorry we can only have one(our Costa Rican comrade) !

Your Montis set up looks like it belongs!

Just to inform you about a personal hifi experience:
yesterday, after around 3 hours of listening, have took away the 2 white adsober panels that you see in photo (with the ML Montis) and i've replaced them with the 2 resonators (you can see them in the previous photo behind ProAc) and must admit that the quality of reproductions is greatly increased... without any doubts...

we were in 3 listener with same opinions thath with the resonator we had noted immediatly better general dimensions especially deep (sorry for my english), greatly better musicality in voices and guitars and pianos, better controlled bass...

dont know why ... probably with around 1 meter from front electrostatic panel from back wall dont need absorption.

Bye
Rob II

Hola Tocayo (in Spanish, same name),
Trial and error is the clue. If you feel that it is better that way, then, let it be!. I was nailed because my room is very small, and I do have big speakers...and the truth is: I am in heaven, with the quality of the music reproduced this way. The sense of 3D, stage, the size of the instruments, and dynamics are breath taking, also air between them. I do really love my system. Now you are in heaven too.

Regards, Roberto II
Roberto I

Latest posts

Back