Thread: ciao from Italy

Default ciao from Italy

Ciao, my name is Roberto i live in North Italy... i've just bought a couple of Martin Logan Montis... ETA wensday 16.

I must admit that i'm doing something of crazy and hope to do not cry soon for my decision: never heard before an electrostatic speacker and must place them in my small room 5,5 mt x 4,5 mt and have only 1 mt max from the rear panel to the backwall...

I'm thinking to place 2 Helmontz resonator http://www.acusticaapplicata.com/volcano.php?lang=ita just between backwall and Montis...

My system is completed with amplifier Burmester 032 - dac Auralic Vega - nas Melco N1a - cabled Nordost

My preferred music is Jazz (small band) and acoustic vocal solo or vocal + guitar... my problem is not too much time spent in study english at school ;D

Ciao
    Rob
    Last edited by Probi; 08-07-2017 at 02:38 PM.

Ciao Roberto,

You have one of the best Martin Logan speakers. They do offer a super good sound. Your Montis come with a bass control device built in. You can adjust from 100Hz to below, the bass intensity + - 10dB at your golden seat positon. Before you do the resonator buying, I will ask the seller for a demo at your own place. This kind of resonator is expensive...and your Montis, having a curvilinear array, with 30° of coverage, will have your room fool of all energy sound.

My room is small, and believe, I really do like what I am listening here...my room is my BATICAVE. You can see my room in the owner system No. 460. I do have to updated the pics, because right now, the only thing that I am using are the speakers, the electronics I had changed almost everything.

I wish a very happy listening and a big hug from Costa Rica,
    Roberto.
    CLX, Summit, Stage X and Motion 4 BF-210, Summits in second system. Conrad Johnson Classic One Twenty SE power amp, Sonic Frontiers Line 3 preamp, Exasound E-32 DAC, Shun Mook products, Nordost and DHLabs cables. Anthem AVM-60 aundio and video processor. Anthem MCA-325 center and surround power amp. BPT Signature 3.5 Plus Balanced Line Power Conditioner.

Thank Roberto for your reply.

Effectly i already own that resonator because with my actual speakers (ProAc D30r) they are really positive effective. I must only decide if they can help even with ML Montis or if is better to put them in a corner and put in back of Montis a couple of adsorber panel.

Bye
    Rob

The next week the 2 ProAc D30r will be replaced with a couple od ML Montis.
    RobName:  DSC_0127 (1).jpg
Views: 57
Size:  49.3 KB

Listening point... with my boxer Asia that loves jazz...
    Name:  DSC_0125 (1).jpg
Views: 55
Size:  55.2 KB

Hola Roberto,

Well, I can see that you had treated your room. Before you do some changes, its better to play some time with your new Montis, and get accustomed to their sound. The electrostatic speakers is a totally different way to listen to the music, or should I say to listen the musician(s) playing for there, right in your room. Did you know that the diafragm of the Montis, at the electrostatic panel, weights less than the air that it moves? So, when the signal is applied, it will move as fast as the signal is, and when the signal it is not applied, it will stop moving because there is no inertia at all. This means, there is no distortion at all.

Your room looks espectacular. With your Montis, you are going to experience another level of high-end audio. Remember this: The highs are totally different of a tweeter highs. Sometimes we think that there are no highs, but our ears are wrong. Play cimballs, or percussion instruments, and you will hear of what I am talking about. Once you are accustomed to it, then listen to the dymanic speakers. Don't get me wrong. I love dynamic speakers too, but not as Martin Logan.

Enjoy your music Roberto! I wish to you a very happy listening!

Your TOCAYO,
    Roberto. (Omonimo)
    CLX, Summit, Stage X and Motion 4 BF-210, Summits in second system. Conrad Johnson Classic One Twenty SE power amp, Sonic Frontiers Line 3 preamp, Exasound E-32 DAC, Shun Mook products, Nordost and DHLabs cables. Anthem AVM-60 aundio and video processor. Anthem MCA-325 center and surround power amp. BPT Signature 3.5 Plus Balanced Line Power Conditioner.

Name:  DSC_0125.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  58.3 KB

FINALLY HERE!!!

Really happy!!!

Rob

Hi and welcome.

Congrats on the Montis, but don't get rid of those ProAc speakers - they are awesome!!
    Marantz 8300 SACD / Squeezebox Touch --> Audiolab M-DAC --> Copland CTA-305 --> Classé CA-101 --> MartinLogan Vista / Behringer DEQ2496 --> Whise Profunder sub

Click here to see my system

Welcome Roberto II, sorry we can only have one(our Costa Rican comrade) !

Your Montis set up looks like it belongs!
    Dave

System #79 - Analog is Alive and Well, if in doubt, click the link below !

Click Here to see my System

Thank you

Roberto II