Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!!!

Tom, thanks so much for taking the time to write that out. Awesome tutorial! Ok, you have convinced me. It may be a month before I get around to it, but I am going to do this and rip all my SACDs. I’ll let you know if I run into difficulties.

Rich

This comment is intended solely for educational purposes and should not be construed as conveying any express or implied warranty of fitness for any other purpose. Said comment constitutes merely the humble opinion of its maker and does not reflect the views of the MLOC or of ML, Ltd. YMMV. Trust your own ears.

Quote Originally Posted by timm View Post
    Nice Tom. Do we know if the oppo 203 will do this?
    Hi timm... Sadly, the Oppo 103 and 105 machines are the only ones that support this.. There is also a Pioneer SACD player that will allow this, but that's it. The newer Oppo units don't have this capability.
    Tom D'Acquisto
    MartinLoganOwners.com owner/operator
    ML Owner from 1988 to 2015 (Sequels, reQuests, Summits, Cinema)
    Currently MartinLoganless
    CL
    ick HERE to see my ML systems of the past.

Click here to see how you can help support this site!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Tom, thanks so much for taking the time to write that out. Awesome tutorial! Ok, you have convinced me. It may be a month before I get around to it, but I am going to do this and rip all my SACDs. I’ll let you know if I run into difficulties.
    no problem at all, Rich... It's super easy.. My computer was connected to the network via wi-fi when I ripped my SACD's, so it took awhile to get the ISO files, but it worked like a charm... I've since hard-wired my computer to the network and thing doing it now would be way faster.

Give me a shout if you need help when you get around to doing this...
    Tom D'Acquisto
    MartinLoganOwners.com owner/operator
    ML Owner from 1988 to 2015 (Sequels, reQuests, Summits, Cinema)
    Currently MartinLoganless
    CL
    ick HERE to see my ML systems of the past.

Click here to see how you can help support this site!

Super User

Quote Originally Posted by TomDac View Post
    Hi timm... Sadly, the Oppo 103 and 105 machines are the only ones that support this.. There is also a Pioneer SACD player that will allow this, but that's it. The newer Oppo units don't have this capability.
    Well at least there is a viable platform. I was hoping to be able to get that killer 203 for HT duties and also rip additional sacds. Dang that would have been perfect.