SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My pleasure.. I'm using Sonore's ISO2DSD on my Mac Mini and it's working GREAT! I'm ripping all my SACD's now! I only have about 20 or so.. Not a big deal.. Takes a long time to do each one, especially if the disc has multi-channel layer... Worth it, tho. :)

In that thread, look for the links to this document: Ripping SACDs using an Oppo 103 or 105.docx

Last edited:
My pleasure.. I'm using Sonore's ISO2DSD on my Mac Mini and it's working GREAT! I'm ripping all my SACD's now! I only have about 20 or so.. Not a big deal.. Takes a long time to do each one, especially if the disc has multi-channel layer... Worth it, tho. :)

In that thread, look for the links to this document: Ripping SACDs using an Oppo 103 or 105.docx

I found it and already downloaded it! :rocker:

Thanks again!

And, I agree with Bernard, you look very happy in your new avatar pic.

thanks!! That pic is actually from our wedding day almost 3 years ago. Happiest day of my life! :)

Awesome Tom. No oppo here but lots of ripped disks. Nice to push them thru my DAC

Cool, glad you found that Tom. Been using that on my Oppo 103 for quite a while myself, as I have close to 70 SACDs, and new ones showing up every month or two.

Already ripped over 100 SACDs. Most sound better than their Redbook counterparts, but not all. Mastering and producing is still more important than format.

I’ve got an Oppo 105 and have been wanting to try this since I have a bunch of SACDs. But I’m a little intimidated. How difficult/complicated is it? I’m not much of a computer geek, but I can manage the basics.

You'll need a flash drive with software loaded onto it like so:

Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 2.49.53 PM.jpg

Then you create a folder on your computer where the iso2DSD software is.. I called my folder SACD.

Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 2.52.21 PM.jpg

You will need to know the IP address of the Oppo on your network.. Turn it on and go into the network settings to see the IP address and write that down.. Also, go into the settings and turn OFF the function to auto play when a disc is inserted.

Also...You'll be moving the ISO file from the Oppo to your computer, so I suggest your computer and the Oppo are both wired connections on the network instead of wi-fi...

With your Oppo turned off, insert the flash drive into the USB port on the front of your Oppo. Then turn the Oppo on and insert a SACD.

On your computer, go to your SACD folder and right click the "iso2dsd_gui.jar" file and chose "open". You'll see this splash screen:
Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 2.53.54 PM.jpg

Once it loads, you'll see this:
Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 2.56.03 PM.jpg

Make sure "Server Input" is selected at the top (the "file input" function is if you already have an ISO file on your computer.
Enter the IP address of your Oppo.
Select the channel mode... If the SACD has both 2 Channel and multi channel layers, you'll have to rip it two times, changing this setting each time.
Select output mode. I used "Sony DSF"
Click "Execute". Now the software is going to the Oppo and it will read the SACD and extract the layer you've asked for...

EASY.

written document here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fsigs8b3...w=Ripping+SACDs+using+an+Oppo+103+or+105.docx

Last edited:
Nice Tom. Do we know if the oppo 203 will do this?

Tom, thanks so much for taking the time to write that out. Awesome tutorial! Ok, you have convinced me. It may be a month before I get around to it, but I am going to do this and rip all my SACDs. I’ll let you know if I run into difficulties.

Nice Tom. Do we know if the oppo 203 will do this?

Hi timm... Sadly, the Oppo 103 and 105 machines are the only ones that support this.. There is also a Pioneer SACD player that will allow this, but that's it. The newer Oppo units don't have this capability.

Tom, thanks so much for taking the time to write that out. Awesome tutorial! Ok, you have convinced me. It may be a month before I get around to it, but I am going to do this and rip all my SACDs. I’ll let you know if I run into difficulties.

no problem at all, Rich... It's super easy.. My computer was connected to the network via wi-fi when I ripped my SACD's, so it took awhile to get the ISO files, but it worked like a charm... I've since hard-wired my computer to the network and thing doing it now would be way faster.

Give me a shout if you need help when you get around to doing this...

Hi timm... Sadly, the Oppo 103 and 105 machines are the only ones that support this.. There is also a Pioneer SACD player that will allow this, but that's it. The newer Oppo units don't have this capability.

Well at least there is a viable platform. I was hoping to be able to get that killer 203 for HT duties and also rip additional sacds. Dang that would have been perfect.

Latest posts

Back