Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22

Thread: ARC (Anthem Room Correction) and PBK (Perfect Bass Kit) measurements and discussion

  1. #16
    Junior Member Stefan_DR3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    42

    Default ARC (Anthem Room Correction) and PBK (Perfect Bass Kit) measurements and discussion

    Borrowed a second sub from the dealer and proved that it does smooth out my response if I set it 90 degrees out of phase. It also extends bass below 30Hz and above 80Hz!

    Both subs are at the front of the room below the screen.

    Name:  ARC_Descenti_front_left+Ultracube_front_right.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  19.8 KB

    Now must decide if I should get one BF 212 or dual 210's to have matching subs. Dealer does not recommend getting Dynamo 15" subs.
    Last edited by Stefan_DR3; 11-29-2017 at 09:16 AM.
     

  2. #17
    Super User JonFo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Big Canoe, GA
    Posts
    3,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan_DR3 View Post
    Borrowed a second sub from the dealer and proved that it does smooth out my response if I set it 90 degrees out of phase. It also extends bass below 30Hz and above 80Hz!

    Both subs are at the front of the room below the screen.


    Now must decide if I should get one BF 212 or dual 210's to have matching subs. Dealer does not recommend getting Dynamo 15" subs.
    I'd go for dual 210's, as you'll have more placement options and greater overall output than single 212.
    Jonathan

    System #45 (Monolith IIIx, Sequell IIb, SL3XC)

  3. #18
    Junior Member Stefan_DR3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    42

    Default

    I'm ordering two new ML subs (1500X) and wondering if I need to buy the PBK if I already have an ARC kit.

    Can an Anthem ARC mic be used with ML's PBK software?

    I know that an ARC mic can be used with Paradigm's PBK software (by renaming the .cal file) but I'm guessing the ML software is different. I can't test it out because I need to provide an ML serial number just to download the software!

  4. #19
    Super User sleepysurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    2,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan_DR3 View Post
    I'm ordering two new ML subs (1500X) and wondering if I need to buy the PBK if I already have an ARC kit.

    Can an Anthem ARC mic be used with ML's PBK software?

    I know that an ARC mic can be used with Paradigm's PBK software (by renaming the .cal file) but I'm guessing the ML software is different. I can't test it out because I need to provide an ML serial number just to download the software!
    I'm able to use my ARC Mic (from kit for ML Expressions) with the PBK software for my BalancedForce subs (downloaded using ARC Mic serial number, so includes proper Cal file). I presume it will work for you as well. What happens when you plug in the ARC Mic serial number on the ML PBK download page?
    Squeezebox Touch/Bel Canto DAC 3.5VB + Oppo BDP-95 > Conrad-Johnson CT5 preamp and Premier 350 amp > ML Expressions 13A. Dual ML BalancedForce 210 subs. Audience Au24e I/C's, speaker cable.
    Click here to see my entire sytem. Member of the Suncoast Audiophile Society.

  5. #20
    Junior Member Stefan_DR3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    42

    Default ARC (Anthem Room Correction) and PBK (Perfect Bass Kit) measurements and discussion

    The ML page says it is expecting a number in the format 5xxxxx. My ARC mic number is 1xxxxx... Tried but it won't accept it.

    I went ahead and ordered the kit since I was placing an order for the subs and saved on shipping getting everything together.
    Last edited by Stefan_DR3; 02-13-2018 at 07:18 PM.

  6. #21
    Super User sleepysurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    2,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan_DR3 View Post
    The ML page says it is expecting a number in the format 5xxxxx. My ARC mic starts with 1xxxxx. Tried but it won't accept it...
    I guess your Mic is specifically for Anthem's ARC. Both of my Mic's (one from ML PBK, other from ML ARC) have the 5xxxxx prefix.

    At least you'll be sure the new one has the right Cal file!
    Squeezebox Touch/Bel Canto DAC 3.5VB + Oppo BDP-95 > Conrad-Johnson CT5 preamp and Premier 350 amp > ML Expressions 13A. Dual ML BalancedForce 210 subs. Audience Au24e I/C's, speaker cable.
    Click here to see my entire sytem. Member of the Suncoast Audiophile Society.

  7. #22
    Junior Member Stefan_DR3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepysurf View Post
    I guess your Mic is specifically for Anthem's ARC. Both of my Mic's (one from ML PBK, other from ML ARC) have the 5xxxxx prefix.

    At least you'll be sure the new one has the right Cal file!
    Thanks for the information. I feel justified to rip open the PBK box now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •